Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1941 beretta 418

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  english 
#1 ·
I just acquired a 1941 beretta 418 steel frame 25 auto. Came in a military type holster. I wonder if any of you have an insight to who these went to?? I see where some 1943s were sent to German headquarters, according to Beretta records. (any tips on how I can get a letter???) Or were these private purchase for Italian Armed Forces personnell?? Comments?? Thanks!!!
nj

#11 ·
You proabably need to write the Beretta factory and ask them if they have any information on the gun that you are interested in.
You'll probably never know just who it "went to". The factory my be able to shed some light on where it was shipped after sale.
It was probably carried by an officer because of the caliber.
R.Blue

#13 ·
I don't think any 25 caliber Beretta pistols were ever officially issued to any military personal, German or Italian.In my collection, I have a beautiful silver emblemed 1933 6.35 marked PSF 1933 Beretta pistol. The GI, who acquired the weapon, marked the brown military holster,inside the flap, Italy, April 30 1944 along with his dog tag no. It was acquired from a German officer.
Thanks for reading, Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.