Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Ortgies, 6.35, Boxed

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  english 
#1 ·
It's been a sort of dry spell locating another nice 6.35 vest pocket. Well, that changed yesterday with this arrival.

Ortgies 6.35, serial 60465, Germany marked. It is with an original box and best of all....the manual is in English. I have searched quite some time for an English printing of the manual.....there was no hesitation calling the seller with an "I'll take it".

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
What a nice example with extras. I like the figure in the grips; often they are bland and uniform in appearance but not so here.

In your experience, are Ortgies boxes ever found numbered to the individual gun (in the manner that Colt vest pocket boxes often are)?

#9 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate them. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do. Vintage pistols with their boxes and accessories add so much to the enjoyment of collecting.

Earl, I'll send you the manual photos via email. In smaller file sizes to speed download.

Bob, so far I have not encountered an Ortgies box numbered. Of interest note that photos DSCF0406 and DSCF0414 show a penciled number, 115 & 1158(0?) Not sure if this is a serial number or ?. There are no markings on the bottom of the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.