Thread: Robert Larsen holster

d3435 Guest

Default Robert Larsen holster

Among the items I acquired in an estate purchase is a Luger holster that I will want to dispose of for reasonable collector value.

It was an extra holster that came with a BYF41 Luger which I have since sold. It is in excellent condition and bears the following markings: "Robert Larsen...Berlin...1935" followed by a capital T superimposed over a capital P.

I would really appreciate expert opinions on the value of the holster before I put it on Ebay or put myself through the gun show ordeal. Of course I would entertain offers from forum members

Your holster is a Norwegin/US rework of a German Police holster as evidenced by the replaced
    belt loops and the four pluged holes. My estimate of worth $100-$125.

Regards Ken D

The Norwegians used the supplies left behind by the German occupation forces after WW2.
    Lugers and holsters were issued and used until the early 1980s.

As the Norwegian army used the US-style web belt, they modified the holsters by removing the belt loops and riveting a web belt hanger to the holster body. In the 1990s, many of these holsters found their way onto the European market and most were redone in the way shown here. The Norwegian hanger was removed, the holes plugged and the straps sewn on again. In my opinion these 'restored' holsters are not as interesting as the ones that retain their Norwegian modifications, as those at least are a genuine military variation and a part of history.

The holster shown below still has it's Norwegian hanger present.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DLWP_P08_1940_1.jpg
    18.52*KB

Norwegian soldiers in the 1970s:

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] norway_1970s.jpg
    47.67KB

Co-Author 'The Parabellum Is Back! 1945-2000'.

Asking questions about this holster, getting the right anwsers and then flog it on Ebay without mentioning the details. Some ethics....

Co-Author 'The Parabellum Is Back! 1945-2000'.

Nice police holster,too bad it was "ruined" by the modification. It is unit marked on the back to the Berlin Police. The letters "TP" stands for Technical Police, located in the City of Berlin.
    Better to have lived only one day as a tiger, then a thousand years as a lamb.