Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Krieghoff serial numbers - updated 11/01/15

216K views 681 replies 75 participants last post by  RMACK 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Compiled list of known Krieghoffs. Please fill in any missing info if you have first hand knowledge. Most of all I want to track condition as these guns will resurface in MINT condition and with 2 matched mags, so it's important that we get it right now! This will be extremely valuable in 10 years!!. Happy to report we just untied an orphan mag with the gun. One HAPPY forum member. If you would like to send me serials and/ or descriptions my email address is whitemant@aol.com
Thanks

See PDF below (have reached the limit of text in one message)

Attachments

#2 ·
Thought I would put up a couple more pictures. The pair came from Randall Gibson so I feel pretty comfortable with them. All are 122 code mags.

Looking at the "ghosts" I think I see the same numbers below or underneath on 3 of the 5 numbers.

Would be helpful if other members who have mags around this range dig them out and see what they have.

#3 ·
The following information is from Gibson page 56 and 180. If I read it correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The 1942 dated Krieghoff has the following magazine types: Magazine: blued extruded Haenel 122 code or fxo code. The lugers full serial number is located across the middle of the base. The blued extruded 122 code magazine has the parts die stamped right side up above the number. The blued extruded fxo code magazine has the parts die stamped upside down above the number. The 122 code is the most common and the fxo code is the least common.

Simpsons 1942 dated Krieghoff has matched 122 code magazines that have the parts stamp upside down which according to the information in Gibson is not correct..
Jan

#4 ·
3 KHs

I have the following Krieghoff's:

S code sn 717, 75% fair-good cond. # 666 mag Pitts & bluing discoloration of the front part of the receiver, Walz E/" holster
1937 sn 9540 94%, mauser mag...
1940 sn 10743 96%, 2 matching mags, E/2 tool in DTA 41 brown holster. ``Bring back rig``

Interested in finding an appropriate mag for the 1937...which is my favorite...

Marc

Attachments

#670 ·
3 KHs

I have the following Krieghoff's:

S code sn 717, 75% fair-good cond. # 666 mag Pitts & bluing discoloration of the front part of the receiver, Walz E/" holster
1937 sn 9540 94%, mauser mag...
1940 sn 10743 96%, 2 matching mags, E/2 tool in DTA 41 brown holster. Bring back rig

Interested in finding an appropriate mag for the 1937...which is my favorite...

Marc
Wow! Which is the 37? The very bottom?

#5 ·
Tom,
For your file here are some pics of my 1936 copy # 6710. The original Krieghoff mag ist numbered near to the pistol. I bought this rig from a veteran who told me that he received the rig as it is. The holster is marked FR.& K. Voegels, Köln-Deutz 1936, WaA 387.
The spare mag ( unnumbered ) and the tool are accepted with an E/63 stamp.

Fritz

Attachments

#6 ·
Tom,

Here a very early Krieghoff with # 57. It came along with the shown Haenel-Schmeisser mag.

The grips are matching to the pistol.

Fritz

Attachments

#7 ·
Tom,
While looking at the HK serial #'s today, I noticed that HK #9558 (1937) has mismatched mag, #8719 and that HK #8719 (1937) has mismatched mag, #9558! Have the two owners switched their mags back yet?
Tim

#9 ·
My dad brought back a Luger, SN 7521, from Germany after the war. He sold it back in the 1950's but did not sell the capture paper. I would like to see the pistol and papers back together again but I have been unsuccessful in contacting Jan Still, who according to the SN list may own the Luger. I understand that they may not necessarily be a match but it doesn't hurt to ask.

The capture paper is in very good shape and I have framed it. I cannot afford to buy the Luger even if it was for sale but I would at least like a picture of it to frame beside the capture paper.

I would also like to let the owner have a copy of the paper and let him know where and how my dad obtained the pistol.

I left my first post back in Febrary and someone advised that I send Mr. Still a private message but I have not been able to successfully send it. I would appreciate help.

Thanks.

#11 ·
Just picked up orphan mag, #8948.
Tim H.

#15 ·
Tom.
I reported to you via email that I had acquired 1936 serial number 6586. I neglected to inform you that the mag is 6592. The pistol is all matched, proper proofed, 90% original blue, same straw. The mag, only 6 numbers away, is in the same condition. Hope this helps,
Mike

#19 ·
I don't find my HK 1941 sn 11787 on the list .., only my P150
Also one other one from 1936 ; S and sn 1614
Sorry for those last infos

#22 ·
I'm buying s/n 3941 code "S" 3rd series "HK KRIEGHOFF SUHL" on the toggle.
The magazine is not matching, and the gun has been re-chambered 9x21 IMI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.