Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

differnent acceptance marks on LP08 stocks

19K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Spartacus38 
#1 ·
I mentioned only 3 differnt acceptance marks on the LP08 stocks. They are: C/G, C/H and C/S. Did anyone have seen another? Some screws on the attaching iron are also with inpector marks. It should be possible with help of the serialnumbers to check if these are with 1914 Erfurt. So I need a little help from you!!!!! Klaus
By the way please mention the unusual screws at the stock with C/H. They are brass. I have never seen another one.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I was just looking o my LP08 stocks but I think the stamps are all the same C/S. There are 4 different C/S on tools and for a moment I thought there could be 2 different S on the stocks. By the way: look at the leather ( Belederung ) of the stock. There are also inspectormarks on it. Klaus

Attachments

#11 ·
Klaus, will post some photos tomorrow. I think only one with stamped screws. It is a very early Erfurt.

#13 ·
Klaus, some time ago I posted this stock on the forum. It was last updated on Feb 20, 2005 by Paolo Petaccio who also has an Erfurt stock, #50, with stamped screws. The heading of the topic is "P08 Stock with Crown/RC".

#15 ·
Geo, I´m really surpriced. I thought the Erfurt stocks got the C/G and not C/H. I will take a look to the stock of Hans Reckendorf. His stock is mint and looks unused. I must say thank you very much for showing your wonderfull stock. It´s the first I ever saw with the C/RC stamp. Really nice. By the way: I think that the inspector with the C/S chanched from Erfurt to Spandau in mid or late 1915. Thank´s again. It seems that the stock of the mentioned Paolo Petaccio also got the C/RC stamp. Do you know the mark on stock and screws or is it even possible to see some photos, too ? Klaus

#18 ·
Klaus,a few more stocks for your list...

1914 Erfurt sn 14, Crown/H with stamped screws
1914 Erfurt sn 5865, Crown/H screws not stamped
1917 DWM sn 3618b,Crown/S
1917 DWM sn 353g, Crown/S
1918 DWM sn 2346, Crown/S
1918 DWM sn 246a, Crown/S
? sn 2203, Crown/G

The first and last I do not have the matching pistol for. I posted photos of the first further above.

#20 ·
I want to commend Jan and his couterie of minds who put together such a user friendly system. Its the first time since my stroke and coma in Costa Rico ive been able to post my photographs. Here some taken in Jaco Beach, right before my 'Stroke Of Luck', Sorry for the duplication. I have to figure out how to remove. A most wonderful country. Too bad they have no gunshows.

Attachments

#22 ·
Artillery Stock Proofs

As some of you may know from a previous thread I managed with a little Paratrooper humor to thouroughly tick off Peter G. Kokalis, Senior Editor, Shotgun News. For this I sincerly apologize as it is not my intent to drive people away but to converse and learn together. That being said, our moderator, Ed Tinker, graciously allowed the very interesting Artillery Stock thread to be restarted.
It was just beginning to get going when it stopped. Hopefully, some more information can be brought forth.
I have posted what I believe to be a fairly rare stock Cartouche. I would like to know how many members have one of these or have seen one.
Jerry Burney

Attachments

#24 ·
Here are Peter's photos he sent me on a disc;

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
You notice by the 4 brass washers there is a portion of a Crown S. We saw a better shot of this fine cartouche in the last thread...
So the wood looks authentic as to proof and grain.The strap slots look good. I think the stock itself is a good military. It MIGHT be marked in the stock block well or some other place GERMANY. If it is, that might explain the un numbered stock iron. The wood to metal fit is poor around the stock iron so I doubt this is the original iron, in fact if it is un numbered I know it's a replacement. I have never seen a Military Artillery stock with a blank stock iron..
George A. Tells me he has seen two and both were GERMANY marked.
He did not show the stock strap front, It looks like the same leather found on early stocks...I would have liked to see the front.
The 4 brass washers look good.
The next thing is to remove the stock from the holster and look it over closely for a GERMANY marking, perhaps in the stock block well.

Ed, Could you perhaps bring forth the Stock Cartouches and perhaps merge the thread Klause has on these that Christian mentions above?

Thanks...Jerry Burney
]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.