Thread: 1917 Erfurt Luger value???

Default 1917 Erfurt Luger value???

I have an Erfurt, 1917 Luger. Family history says my grandfather, USN Ships Carpenter, traded a hand saw for the gun at/near the end of WWI. It remained in his possession until his death in 1973, passed on to my father until his death in 1998 and then to me. I fired the gun when I was about 12 years old (I'm now 63) and to the best of my knowledge it has not been fired since. Visual external inspection shows all numbers match, including grips. One magazine matches (also has a "+" below serial number and another mark I cannot make out). The second magazine does not match. Serial number of the weapon is 6721. Minor wear to bluing on muzzle/front sight and front of frame appears to be holster wear. Take down tool present. No visible rust/pitting/discoloration on the weapon or takedown tool---surprising since it has always been holstered and was housed in Louisiana without the benefit of central heat/air. I don't have the tools to inspect the bore/chamber but visually they appear ok. Buckle strap on the holster has what I think is "Berlin 1913" barely visible. There is another line of text above that but I cannot make it out.

As you can see, I am not so good at photography---

I am really looking to find a value on the weapon as I am thoroughly confused by what I have found on the internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images