Thread: 1943 Portuguese Luger rig

Default 943 Portuguese Luger rig

Weeeell, lets try once again as the light bulb went out in the closet and I lost my way out;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by huggiebear; 02-08-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase. kk

There are three unique items of interest [ at least to me ] in the above posting. Can any one point them out ???
    Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase. kk

I have seen a lot of them in the 80 when I remember correct. But this is the best I ever saw. Wow.
    merzbach

John James,

Indeed, a very nice Luger pistol for a 943 Portuguese contract! Most pistols show a lot of wear and many have been parkerized for use in the Portuguese colonies Mozambique and Angola.
    Let me give it a try....
    The holster looks 'as new' - it does not have the usual stamping of nummerals on its front. Most of the M943 I have examined came with late fxo magazines having black plastic bottoms; this one has a magazine with an aluminum bottom; fixed with a pin in the rounded tops Police style; the first one I observed.
    I did not find the third flaw...
    Joop van de Kant, co - author of:
    "The Mauser Parabellum 1930-1946"
    Analysis of a Million Luger Pistols
    Web-site: www.the-mauser-parabellum.com

John
    Put a bulb in there and keep bringing them out. Thanks for sharing. Great!! collection. Bill

Joop; The three that I refer to is 1; the holster has a snap button for the cleaning rod pouch which, if rod is inserted, will not allow it to be closed with the snap button and misses the closure by almost one inch; it's the only holster that I have seen with this fixture, 2; the middle toggle link has an extreme bevel on the edges which tells me that these 943 contract guns were simply not left over completed Wehrmacht contracted weapons but semi-finished parts in the parts bin and then made for the contract with much less finishing and features than the Wehrmacht examples, 3; as with nearly all Mausers produced Lugers of this era, if serial number has a number 3 in it, the front of the frame will have a round top 3 whereas all other locations on weapon would have a flat top 3 , this does not.
    Last edited by huggiebear; 02-10-2009 at 11:54 AM.

John
    byf 42, sn 137m, E135 E135 LTP, black grips; barrel: LTP right E135 left no gauge. Magazine: blued extruded blank bottom. Holster brown: Portuguese 943 configuration.
    Thanks
    Jan
    Jan C Still
    Site Owner - Operator