Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Question on Steyr Model 1908

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  epidoc 
#1 ·
A local gun shop just picked up a Steyr Model 1908 in about 95% condition. It is chambered for the 32 ACP (7.65 mm), and has the black plastic grips with Steyr's name on them, and a logo above the name. The are asking $425. I'm trying to determine if this is a reasonable price.

The magazine is not numbered at all. The serial number is in the 14,000 range. On the left side of the barrel is the number 10 immediately to the right of the number is shield of some kind. The right side of the barrel has what I think may be a proof mark with what looks like an L with other letters inside it. There are no police or military unit markings that I could see.

#2 ·
Steyr 1909 value

Dear fellow collector,

If it has really 95% of finish and if the bore is good (most of them are bad) the price is o.k. from European / Austrian point of view. The pistol is a early one of 1910, this was the second year of manufacture. The magazine never was numbered originally.

George Roth alias Joseph Moetz, author of the Austrian pistol book

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'll do a second inspection tomorrow afternoon with a more critical eye. I was worried the magazine was a replacement given the European tendency to number everything associated with a pistol including the magazine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.