Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The P8 the current handgun of the Federal Armed Forces

Default The P8 the current handgun of the Federal Armed Forces

Well, I take the first step in this new topic because it is my baby.
    Presented here is the actuall handgun of the German Army the P8 produced by "HK" Heckler& Koch.
    The accepted service pistols are not yet on the marked but a very small run of 100 test pistols was sold in the early 90s. Nearly each test pistol shows different features.
    The shown pistol is # 66 in its original box with manual and spare mag. The "BW" logo is xed out because the pistol was not accepted like this.
    In the next time I will present you more information on this fascinating pistol and others.

Fritz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty efficient looking firearm. Interesting that the warning on the triggerguard is in English. Obviously it is being set up for foreign sales from the get-go. It is neat that you got one of the first ones out of the oven.
    If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

Nice find!

Do you have a photo of the holster that goes with this P8 !?!
    Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase. kk

Aside from the magazine, it looks like a USP, What are the differences?

Huggie,

it is a pleasure for me to present you some pics of the P8 surplus items.
    Shown here is a standart service holster and spare mag pockets made by different manufacturers. There are others!

Fritz

jetteraff,

be a bit patient I will answer later on because I am very involved in my profession to the time.

Fritz

Here the original HK description:

A variant of the USP made for the German Armed Forces, the P8 was selected after exhaustive comparative trials. Its primary difference from the USP is its fire control system. The P8 control lever/safety selector is moved downward for "safe" and up for "fire," opposite of all other USP variants. The decocking system remains the same as standard USPs as to direction, but returns to "safe" position under spring pressure instead of the "fire" position.

The P8 barrel has a lands-and-grooves profile and the pistol uses special translucent magazines with special dust protection coating.

fritz

Here are some pages from the original Bundeswehr ZDv 3/15 ( Zentrale Dienstvorschrift ) -central service regulation of the German Armed Forces - including details for instructors.

fritz

I've been an Hk nut for years and years and this is the first one I've seen with these markings. Really neat stuff! Might also put this one on www.hkpro.com . They will find it interesting as well. All the USP's have the English warning on the tirgger guard like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast