Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

The P8 the current handgun of the Federal Armed Forces

8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  peter meyer 
#1 ·
Well, I take the first step in this new topic because it is my baby.
Presented here is the actuall handgun of the German Army the P8 produced by "HK" Heckler& Koch.
The accepted service pistols are not yet on the marked but a very small run of 100 test pistols was sold in the early 90s. Nearly each test pistol shows different features.
The shown pistol is # 66 in its original box with manual and spare mag. The "BW" logo is xed out because the pistol was not accepted like this.
In the next time I will present you more information on this fascinating pistol and others.

Fritz

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty efficient looking firearm. Interesting that the warning on the triggerguard is in English. Obviously it is being set up for foreign sales from the get-go. It is neat that you got one of the first ones out of the oven.

#6 ·
Huggie,

it is a pleasure for me to present you some pics of the P8 surplus items.
Shown here is a standart service holster and spare mag pockets made by different manufacturers. There are others!

Fritz

Attachments

#8 ·
Here the original HK description:

A variant of the USP made for the German Armed Forces, the P8 was selected after exhaustive comparative trials. Its primary difference from the USP is its fire control system. The P8 control lever/safety selector is moved downward for "safe" and up for "fire," opposite of all other USP variants. The decocking system remains the same as standard USPs as to direction, but returns to "safe" position under spring pressure instead of the "fire" position.

The P8 barrel has a lands-and-grooves profile and the pistol uses special translucent magazines with special dust protection coating.

fritz

#9 ·
Here are some pages from the original Bundeswehr ZDv 3/15 ( Zentrale Dienstvorschrift ) -central service regulation of the German Armed Forces - including details for instructors.

fritz

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.