Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Reichs Revolver possible purchase

Default Help with Reichs Revolver possible purchase

I've been offered this revolver for $675.00. I'd appreciate any opinions on it's acutal value and with the unit markings. The sideplate is marked "V.C.S. C.G.H. SUHL". The blueing appears all original. The bore is nice and shiney. All the numbers I can find match including the grips (he let me remove them). The marking on the backstrap is "A.M. XIII.5.9." On the bottom of the frame it's marked "L.K. 275". Sorry for the low quality pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jb, Heinrich Harder is our Reichsrevolver expert, but I will take a stab at this. The A.M. marking means Field Artillery Munitions Column and the frame marking may mean Truck Depot (Lastkraftwagenpark). These are taken from Jeff Noll's book on Imperial German Regimental Markings. This reichsrevolver was made by the "Consortium" of three makers and the price is very good. I would grab it! This looks like a great piece!
    Last edited by drbuster; 08-16-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    drbuster

Hello, I have collected Reichsrevolvers for a long time, I also agree that this is a good price.

I agree on the consortium.

I believe though that the L.K. marking is a police unit.

I have a Nickled Reichs that also has the L.K. marking on the frame.

I had a humpback mauser in the past that also had the L.K. marking.

Good Collecting, signalman

I stand corrected on the LK marking. My post arrived a second after yours don, Thanks for the info.

Thanks guys, I appeciate all the info. So I assume this revolver served in an artillery unit as well as military police unit as some time.

The gun appears in nice condtion, so that is a very good price. To echo drbuster's advice, buy it before it gets away.
    If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

signalman, I would be very interested in knowing more about your nickle RR: manufacturer? serial number? L.K. weapon number? Any military markings?

jb, the L.K. marking is a Weimar-era marking. The pistol was reissued to the rural police of Württemberg after WWI.

Hello Don,

Serial Number on the Reichs. is #89 all matching, It is a vcs-cgh consortium pistol. I see no traces of blue under the nickel - ~ 80% finish. L.K. 18 . No other unit marks. S under the barrel just in front of frame. I was told this was a Saxony mark, but not sure. No prussian eagle.

Good Collecting, signalman

signalman,

Thanks very much for the data. The one I have listed in HWIS from the same manufacturer(s) is SN 22 marked L.K.52. It is pure speculation but I have a hunch that the revolvers with low serial numbers were issued to the Württemberg Landjägerkorps just before or during WWI when their numbers were depleted and others, such as the one jb posted, were added from military surplus after the war when this force was restored to its pre-war strength of about 600 men.
    Last edited by donmaus; 08-17-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast