Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Erfurt

Default 1911 Erfurt

For your viewing, a nice 1911 Erfurt P.08. This pistol came from another Board Member to me in a recent purchase. Enjoy the photos. The holdopen has been added. Also, this one bears the Reichsadler on the head of the toggle axle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm curious, I've never seen a RC stamp on this early an Erfurt.

Mike
    I guess we'll have to carry on......

I'm still new, but I'm thinking that's one way to tell a real Erfurt. RC stamps. lol

FN
    Last edited by FNorm; 03-19-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add

A very nice example of a hard to find Erfurt and an excellent presentation. Thank you.
    abzug

Hi, Very nice photo display of an early Erfurt. How about a shot of the barrel serial number? On my 1912 the bore diameter numbers are haloed, while the serial is not. Regards, Norm

Quote Originally Posted by norme View Post
    Hi, Very nice photo display of an early Erfurt. How about a shot of the barrel serial number? On my 1912 the bore diameter numbers are haloed, while the serial is not. Regards, Norm
    Norm and all:
    Thanks. I'll try to get you a photo of the barrel S/N.

In Jan Still's Imperial Lugers, the earliest reported 1911 Erfurt serial number is #210. This gunis not too far off. This Erfurt luger must have been made in the first month's production, as the 1910 dates may have been trial run pistols and so far only two have surfaced. The C/RC is stamped in two places, top of barrel and above proofs on the right receiver. I'm a little puzzled as to how conditional rejection parts could show up in such an early production Erfurt luger. The war was still over three years off and DWM was supplying many military lugers since 1909. I still cannot believe the C/RC is a rejection/condtional acceptance mark.
    drbuster

Quote Originally Posted by drbuster View Post
    In Jan Still's Imperial Lugers, the earliest reported 1911 Erfurt serial number is #210. This gunis not too far off. This Erfurt luger must have been made in the first month's production, as the 1910 dates may have been trial run pistols and so far only two have surfaced. The C/RC is stamped in two places, top of barrel and above proofs on the right receiver. I'm a little puzzled as to how conditional rejection parts could show up in such an early production Erfurt luger. The war was still over three years off and DWM was supplying many military lugers since 1909. I still cannot believe the C/RC is a rejection/condtional acceptance mark.
    dr:
    What is your theory on the C/RC mark?
    Bob

I have a thought about the C/RC mark that has not been well accepted before, but here it is again. Bureaucracy. The Erfurt Arsenal was a government run facility, unlike DWM which was civilian. It was staffed with government employees, to include members of the Revisions Commission. In government you have to do something, even if it is trivial, to justify your position. If you have to find something wrong with a gun to reject it so that you can go ahead and stamp it as being conditionally accepted in order to keep your job, then by golly there sure as shootin' will be something you can find that is less than perfect.
    If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

Default E/RC Simson

It is interesting to note that the "RC" marking was used with an eagle on newly manufactured Simson Lugers during the Weimar period also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    abzug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast