Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1914 mauser police pistol

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bruno38 
#1 · (Edited)
HI Don,
Here is a few pictures of the 1914 Mauser pistol I just picked up. I thought Don might like to save some of the pictures. On the left side of the frame is the 1920. And on the grip strap is the markings . It was issued to a police school. Grip markings.............P Bg. 20.
It is all matching with a mint bore some wear, But I am happy to add it to my collection.
Bob

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
P.Bg.:?

Bob: Great acquisition. Those police-marked M14s are my favourites. Congratulations!

Question for Don as regards "P.Bg.":

How do you differentiate Burg from Brandenburg?
Knowing Brandenburg School located in Neuruppin closed in 1926, did Burg simply take over the P.Bg. designation from 1928?
In that case, could a dating deduction be made by observing the SN?
Thank you for taking time to confim or clarify.

Bruno

#6 ·
Bruno, the short answer is that the Brandenburg school used the abbreviation P.Bg. while the school at Burg used PBg. as on this pistol. Prior to 1926, the school at Burg was known as Polizeischule Sachsen and used the abbreviation P.S. After that date, the police school in Sensburg adopted the abbreviation PS. Confusing, eh? You can find more information about these markings in Chapter 12 of HWIS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.