Thread: p.08 luger

Question p.08 luger

A friend of mine has a DWM 1914 Mod 08 luger serial number 2875 nickel plated and he would like to find out the history behind this luger. Can anyone fill in the blanks. Thanks

bluejacket, welcome to the forum. even though the Luger is nickel plated it would help to have various photos of the Luger, especially any markings or stamps that are visible. see if you or your friend can photo the Luger, it is easy to upload to the forum (it may take a couple times to get the hang of it, but you will have some fun). again welcome. art

Welcome. If the gun has unit markings on the front strap below the trigger guard, between the wooden grip panels, or on an accompanying holster, that would be useful as well.

Clark

My militaria collection is dedicated to the memory of my Grandfather, Marine Gunnery Sergeant Dave Hill, Jr., wounded in action at The Assault of the Second Marine Division on Betio Island, Tarawa Atoll, 20-23 November, 1943. http://tarawaontheweb.org/wia.htm

Default DWM P.08 luger with pictures

Here are some pictures of the DWM 1914 luger. It has 2 mags serial numbers 6391 ( 7) and 6992 ( C + ). Serial number 2875 and the number 75 stamped into all parts. There is and Eagle stamped into the barrel along with 2875. The holster has A. FISCHEK BERLINC.2 1939 stamped on the belt side. Hope this helps in getting some history on this weapon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default DWM P.08 luger with pictures

Here is one more pictures that I forgot. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Michael, your pictures are too small to see any detail.

From your description, you have a 1914 (year) made by DWM, it served in WW1 and possibly WW2 and that is why you have a 1939 holster. Lugers were always made in blue, and the nickle or chrome was added by a GI after the war (this was common), however it brings the collector value way down, as a rig, it is probably worth around $800 total.

Is there a tool in the pouch?

Ed
    Edward Tinker
    Veteran Bring Backs Vol III 2012
    Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
    Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
    Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
    Have all books available for purchase