Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P.38 forum

Default P.38 forum

Hi, i just bought my 1st P.38 it's a AC over 43...4907f. it has black plastic grips on it, i was told they were correct, when i removed them i could not find any markings on the inside, they do look the same age as the gun, is it possible that some were not marked, or are they copys ? if pic's will help i'll be glad to post them. Thanks.

late war, black mauser grips were not marked

Thank you Tom,
    Im new to the P.38, But would a AC 43 be made in 1943 ?... would 1943 be consid. late in the war ? and would black plastic grips be correct for this gun ? Just trying to learn...Thanks.
    Last edited by boos; 03-12-2011 at 08:30 PM.

There are others who can log in on when they started using the black plastic grip, but I was thinking 1944. There is a new book out with information on the grips but I havent gotten my copy yet.

I'm not much into the p38 , have a Cyq made in 43 and thought that the bakelite grips got progressively more brown as the war progressed. That at least appears to be the case for Spreeworks. Year of production for the Spreeworks was noted on a P38 forum site , but do not remember specifics as I obtained the info I needed as to production year via # and suffix.

Docf

Forgot to mention the site in my post Boos. ( pistole38.nl ) This will give a slight history of all P38 produced eg Walters,byf's cyq's production yrs by serialsand suffix.
    Docf

Default Grips, color stampings

I'm sorry the site above will also answer all your questions as to grips on all P38's as to color. stampings etc.
    Once again
    Docf

Here's a 1944 with the black mauser grips

http://www.p38guns.com./BYF44dualtone.htm

docf and Tom,
    Thank's for the great sit's to go to, They are very helpfull.

I have a K block AC 43 with the same black "Polyamid-6" grips on mine. They are type I, that have the two empty circles on the lower inside part of the left grip and a spir on the inside of the right. I purchased this gun from the vet over 35 years ago. I have the book Tom is talking about. It says these might be on AC44 or AC45. Well, with yours, that makes two AC43's that have them.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast