Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD!! 1944 Russian Nagant + Holster

Default SOLD!! 1944 Russian Nagant + Holster

1944 Russian Nagant + Holster SOLD!! $400 for both pistol and holster I am not sure but best I can figure the barrel has a mismatched number? It has 2 numbers up by the muzzle that do not match the pistol? Pistolhas high point wear..lI guess 75% to be conservative? Grips are nice. Functions fine, I have not shot it. I don't know the condition of the bore as I have not figured out how to remove the cylinder!
    The holster is soft and supple. I believe it's a WW2 holster..not like the East German canvas s ones you see mostly.

First "I'll take it" gets it. I will hold for more photo's and questions but only temporarily. A firm "I want it" takes precedence. If you are waiting on photo's don't be surprised when a SOLD sign appears.

You can return for any reason but I would appreciate it if you get all the photo's you want and questions asked. I don't like to ship pistols all over the country. Besides it can get expensive for both of us.

All Federal laws will be followed. I will require your signed copy of a C&R or your dealers license. Check cash or MO please. No Pay Pal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lugerholsterrepair; 07-05-2011 at 10:41 AM.

For what it's worth...

The holster is Navy, which is nice.

I don't think they numbered barrels in Soviet Nagants. What are these numbers? Is there a picture?

You can remove cylinder by turning extractor rod counter clockwise and then pulling it out. You can then grab the extractor rod shroud and turn it around the barrel, so it clears the center pin that holds the cylinder in place. You can then pull that pin out and the cylinder will fall right out when you open the loading gate.

Eugene.

Eugene..Thanks! I appreciate it..The numbers are on the left side just behind the muzzle just below the sight C8 The letter C with an 8..On the right side are proof marks near the muzzle..same proofs are on other parts of the pistol.

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry,

Closeups would be nice... I can't recall off hand what these proof marks represent... If you interested, post some additional pics and I'll forward this to a Russian Nagant forum - those guys know everything to know about M1895... I know that you are selling this piece, but these markings being a bit unusual, plus the holster - it may add to the value... I'm not aware of any special proof marks for Soviet Nagants assigned to Navy officers, but....

Eugene.

Eugene, Thanks so much..I am posting another dozen pistols and what with writeups, descriptions, photo's and my constant daily amount of leather work I am afraid I don't have time to go into as much detail as I would like. 12 hour days just don't seem to do it.
    I shot this pistol today as I have never shot a Nagant. Pretty cool old pistol but a target gun it ain't.

These are a bit unusual, yes. Well, good luck anyway. PM me if more information on this piece is ever needed.

how is the barrell?
    Thanks

Oleg how is the barrell? Well it seems straight and it has a hole in it..I need to take Eugene's directions to take out the cylinder and look down it to determine condition..

Thanks Eugene! That was easy..once you know how!

The barrel looks to be in excellent shape. The lands and grooves are light but distinct. The barrel is shiney smooth..no frosting, pitting or other bad things one doesen't want to see.

I mentioned in an earlier section that I did shoot this pistol. It does not keyhole and my first shot was in the black. After that I think it was shooting high. Might be I am a bad revolver shot..Like I said it is no target pistol from 75 feet.
    Jerry Burney

Jerry, this being a Soviet military gun, they are sighted under the bulls eye.

Eugene..Thanks! I am learning more about this pistol every day! The Soviet manual for this pistol must have said "aim for the belt buckle!"

I appreciate the information..

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast