Thread: luger feeding problems

Default luger feeding problems

I have a code 42 Rc luger that misfeeds a lot iwas told that for it to work correctly on American 9mm I would have to install a weaker main spring is the true. I am new to the form and would like to shoot my luger with out problems.

As a first step; I'd recommend you try your pistol again with a different magazine.
    Jim

Winchester white box if your looking for cheap and a good magazine and I almost never get a fail to feed or fire. Poor magazines are an issue.
    Friends don't let Friends buy plastic guns.

Hi George, welcome to the forum!

If the forward toggle has a large "42" it's probable that you have a WW-II era Mauser Luger. With all the Russian Capture guns, it's possible that it's a mix of parts from different eras. For that reason pictures would be helpful.

As previously mentioned. magazines are often the issue. Again, it would be helpful to see you magazine.

The way you hold a Luger can lead to feeding problems. You need a firm grip and good support against which the toggle mechanism can recoil.

The Mauser Lugers used a main recoil spring with (I believe) 20 or 21 turns. Earlier WW-I Lugers had 17-18 turns... Wolff sells a range of springs for the Luger:

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=38

Before changing them out, I'd first pay attention to your grip and hold, and then to the condition of the magazine and it's spring.

As mentioned, use standard power 9mm Luger ammo like Winchester white box...

Marc
    Igitur si vis pacem, para bellum -
    - if you wish for peace, prepare for war.