Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.B. Radom VIS Mod.35 Value ?

Default F.B. Radom VIS Mod.35 Value ?

Until last Wednesday I had never held one of these in my hands. A friend has offered it to me but neither of us knows what value to put on it. I am considering buying it but I need more knowledgeable people to help us out with a fair value agreeable to both parties.

I have found on page 67 in Mr. Stillís Axis Pistols the description as a Grade II, Sub variation 2 (Late).

General description follows:
    To my untrained eye finish appears to be about 95-98% (+-) military blue with typical machine marks visible under the blue. I removed the grip panels and grip frame finish matches. Some traces of light oil or grease under grip panels and around and under the de-cocker, safety lever and slide locking levers.

Three levers, grip safety, no stock slot, lanyard ring, black plastic checkered grip panels with VIS logo in a triangle.

Barrel is in the white as is the recoil spring guide rod. Left side of barrel lug is marked 463 and large upper case I with SE/8(?), E/swastika in globe (?) to the right. Right side lug is marked 623 (E/362?). Barrel has excellent bore.

Left slide marked: SE/77, F.B. RADOM Mod. 35 Pat. Nr 15567.
    Left frame marked: SE/77 forward of slide release lever, small dot within a box stamped in lower trigger guard web adjacent to magazine release button.
    Left side hammer and grip safety marked with lower case a, right side marked with a 3 or 8 (?).

Right frame serial number marked: P66xx above trigger followed by what appears to be a SE/77. Right side of trigger is marked with a vertical S over stamped with an L. Forward upper trigger guard web has a numeral 1 and SE/77 plus other small stamps I canít make out.

Groove inside of slide has matching serial number followed by a symbol resembling a pawn brokerís sign consisting of three small circles touching in a triangular pattern.

Two magazines with pinned floor plate similar to early USGI WW II 1911A1, each is marked vertically on rear spine thus; A on one, B on the other. Magazines are blue showing machine marks visible under the blue.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I believe more info is better than less. Any and all comments on fair value and/or questions would be greatly appreciated and answers will be passed on to my friend.

Best regards, Bill

can you post a pic?

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for your response. I'll Try to post a few tomororow.
    Regards, Bill

Default H e l p

After numerous tries I give up. Will someone please post a few photos for me?
    Thanks in advance, Bill

Francis thanks a lot I appreciate it. The pictures will be on there way shortly.
    Bill

Bill,

A nice example of a Type II, subv. 2, it presents well. Unfortunately, the barrel is mismatch serial. If the slide matches the frame, I would suspect the rest of numbered parts will also.

Photos of Bill's "Radom".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Francis

VIS35....aka/Blind Hog
    "Even a Blind Hog sometimes finds an acorn"

Nice gun none the less.
    I'd say to my friend $400-$450 and a case of beer.

Thanks Leonard, I'll see where it goes from here in a few days when I see him.
    All the best, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by moosedog View Post
    Nice gun none the less.
    I'd say to my friend $400-$450 and a case of beer.
    I agree, just because of the mis-matched barrel. Too bad, I would have added $200-250 if it matched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast