Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Axis Pistols- Police Markings E/? (post-1936)- New Research Project

32K views 62 replies 33 participants last post by  WaA58 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Off I go again on a new project, I am compiling a data base on all know German Police Pistols from any manufacturer, ANY ONE on any Model.......Most of the P-08's are covered on Jan Stills P-08 Board and I was hoping that I can find more (Walther, Sauer, CZ...etc) here. Please be sure of 2 things the serial number and the letter on the E/? stamp.

If you can post the information like this, but any way will work.......

1942 / CZ / 111555 / P-27 / K

(Year) (maker) (Ser.#) (Model) (letter)

You do not have to own the weapon (and I don't need to know this), but report any you have or have seen or know about?

ONLY E/? MARKED PISTOLS.........No holsters , mags, tools, etc.......

Thanks for any one you can send, when I am done I will share with everyone.

Thanks much,

Bob

See less See more
#27 ·
Jim, just out of morbid curiosity, are you a patent/copyright attorney? If you're not, you certainly should be, as you seem overly concerned with the possibilty that someone will post something from some book that may or may not have been out of print for years. Using this reasoning, if I email a photo from some book, of a pistol that I'm interested in aquiring, to a friend in another state who may have one, then technically I've infringed on someone's copyright, and broken someones law.
Michael

#28 ·
No, you haven't because there is no implied or intentional reason to believe you are doing this for monetary gain or profit from some other manner. The co-author of my 2nd Sauer pistol book, Martin Krause, is a patent attorney and has answered many of my questions regarding copyright and patent theft. I'll give you a perfect example: 2 years ago Krause and I were afforded the opportunity to find the original Sauer production ledgers for their hunting and sporting guns in the basement of the Suhl Archive. These were taken from the original Sauer firm after the Russians took over Thuringia in 1945. All those pages have now been photographed so it is possible to study them and do research as to how many of any particular model was made...and when a new model first appeared, etc. However a signature agreement was signed that these pages cannot be reproduced for publication in their entirety. A photo of a particular page can be used to show another individual or organization what was in these ledgers. The ledgers are the property of the German government as is everything else in the Suhl Archive. The regulations/laws are in place to protect any/all authors and researchers as well as the owners of the original documentation, i.e. book, article, whatever, that might be found in a library, archive or even the Library of Congress. One cannot publish verbatum (same as) that which is copied from another source without permission. I have spent many dollars getting permission to use Archive material, copyrighted photos and lithographs, government data (from the U.S., Holland, Germany, etc.) in the process of trying to meet the recognized standards for new publications. Best regards, JIM

#35 ·
Hi Roy,

The information that is available from the database will be free for anyone to ask for, as of this time I have no intent of publishing the data base, only using the information to support the research. I have already found some matches for other collectors. The only information that I save is the information requested in the original email, I do not save names or email addresses, just gun data.

I hope to have a unique data as to what weapons are currently in the hands of collectors, not Factory production data or 'Guesses' on what is "out there", just reported or observed documented data.

Thanks for the lead on the Prussian Police Stamps, someone else has pointed me in that direction also,

Bob

#39 ·
BUMP.... Still looking guy's..Just over 400 pistols reported from collections....Any WWII Axis pistol with a e/? (Police acceptance mark)

TIA (Thanks in advance)

Bob :)

#40 ·
My current list of German Police marked Flare Pistols

Zinc Models

Walther banner #53915L E/C
Erma-Erfurt # 7811 E/F
Erma-Erfurt # 7898 E/F

Aluminum Models

WALTHER BANNER # 27,627L E/C

ayf 41 # 166G E/C E/J ( E/J is a rework proof )

ERMA-ERFURT 40 # 4968 E/K
ERMA-ERFURT 1940 # 3441 E/L
ERMA-ERFURT 1940 # 5286 E/K
ERMA-ERFURT 41 # 5361 E/K
ERMA-ERFURT 41 # 5846 E/K
ERMA-ERFURT 42 # 5977 E/K
ERMA-ERFURT 42 # 6444 E/F
ERMA-ERFURT no date # 8834 E/L

ERMA-ERFURT 1937 Police eagle # P188
ERMA-ERFURT 1937 Police eagle # 552

Steel Model

WALTHER BANNER # 19,203 STARBURST "K"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.