Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ-28 Pistol

Default CZ-28 Pistol

Good Afternoon,

I recently came across a CZ 28 pistol. It looks exactly like a CZ-27 except that the slide serrations on the rear of the slide are angled like a CZ-24. The slide is marked CZ 28. I don't have the pistol in my possession so I canít describe the other markings on the gun to you (but I am going to try and get it).

Is there a reputable reference book that you could recommend that I could go to that accurately describes this pistol? Any and all help will be much appreciated!

Bill

Hey AR-50A1,
    You have a cz-24....that number does not represent the model but the year! I would recommend the book Know Your Czechoslovakian Pistols by R. J. Berger......There is an english version.

-Jason
    Always looking for unusual German/Foreign commercial pistols & revolvers with E/N, GECO, AKAH, KABA, etc markings!

If you click on the title I posted...It actually brings you to the amazon website where they are selling copies!

-Jason
    Always looking for unusual German/Foreign commercial pistols & revolvers with E/N, GECO, AKAH, KABA, etc markings!

The year of military acceptance would be the 28 date or 1928.
    Laugh hard and often

Gary

Thank you Gentlemen.

I ordered the book today (thanks Jason) and I am expecting it Friday or Saturday. I will show it the owner of the pistol. He may or may not be a 'happy camper' after reviewing the book. :>)

Default Cz-28

Good Evening,

While I am waiting for my CZ identification book to arrive, I was able to get the pistol in question and take a few pics.

I own a nice CZ24 dated 1937 (I collect WWII era firearms dated or made in 1937) and I compared it to the pistol in question. My CZ is on the top in each of the photos.

Picture 1 shows both pistols (left side). The pistol in question does have a lanyard loop.

Left-Side_700web.jpg

Interestingly enough, the on-line version of the Blue Book of Gun Values does show a listing for a CZ 28 pistol:

CZ 28 Add to Collection
    .32 ACP cal., blue finish, smooth hardwood grips, four slanted slide serrations on rear of slide, marked "C.S. STRAZ KARLOVY VARY" on right side, "CESKA ZBROJOVKA AS v PRAZE" on top of frame, and "CZ 28" on left side below serrations.

Picture 2 shows a close-up of the markings on the pistol in question. The pistol is chambered for .380ACP (correct for a CZ 24), has smooth hardwood grips (no big deal there), does not have the "C.S. STRAZ KARLOVY VARY" on right side, does have "CESKA ZBROJOVKA AS v PRAZE" on top of frame with the serial number, but does have "CZ 28" on left side below serrations. I removed the slide and there are no serial number inside anywhere.

Close-up-Left-Side_web.jpg

Right-Side_700web.jpg

Close-up-Right-Side_web.jpg
    From my limited experience I believe this pistol is dated 1929 as indicated by the 29 on the right side of the frame.

This pistol's serial number is 115887. My 1937 dated CZ 24 has a serial number of 144880.

I will post what I find out when theKnow Your Czechoslovakian Pistols byR. J. Bergerarrives.

Thanks for your time.

Bill

Does it have a unit marking on the front grip strap?
    Laugh hard and often

Gary

Hi Gary,

The front strap does not have any markings at all.

Bill

Bill - as others have stated your CZ 24 marked CZ 28 on the left rear of the slide was manufactured in 1928. The J Lion 29 represents the year it was accepted into the Czech military. The Lion of Bohemia is the Czech Military property symbol.

Your other CZ 24 was accepted into the military in 1937. You should be able to date its manufacture by its serial number.

Hey Bill my front strap has markings on it. it says "35p 665" any idea what that means. I just picked up this lil gem today. serial number 74778

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast