Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1936 Krieghoff #5xxx Pictures

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tim Hawkins 
#1 · (Edited)
Looks good to me, but this is only the 3rd one I have examined closely, it checks out per Gibson except for the unproofed hold open. Double struck proof on the barrel looks ok to me. Comments on this gun and value?

See less See more
#5 ·
Appears to be an excellent HK. Probably no comments about value because these guns are so hard to price, especially in the current market. When I watch the auctions, the prices are all over the board. So many people are cautious because of rampant fakery and others jump in and bid simply to get an HK. The Europeans, with the strength of their euros over our dollar, seem to have more success picking these up on the international market. That said, this gun could fetch anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000+ depending on who's doing the shopping. Add a few thousand more if it had a matched mag--and this is for a 1936 date which is one of the more common HK's!
Tim H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.