Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luger Markings

Default 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luger Markings

hello

I have already posted this thread but I don' think in the right forum , I'll do it again here .

I just bought a 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luger with the following markings on the front side of the hand-grip frame 13 JAG 2.PF.B .129 . Could it come from the Royal Saxon 2th jäger Btn N°13 ?

What about the rest ?

Any help welcome . Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check carefully what you indicate as a 2 between the G and the P. I suspect it could be a z. Better yet show us a good sharp photo of the marking.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

Default 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luger Markings

Quote Originally Posted by keoki7 View Post
    Check carefully what you indicate as a 2 between the G and the P. I suspect it could be a z. Better yet show us a good sharp photo of the marking.
    Thanks for the tip , I'll do that as soon as I have time to go back to my gunsmith (it is stil there until I have all the legal papers ) . What would it mean with a Z ?

Jaeger zu Pherd, mounted Jaegers.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

Do you think these troops could be equiped with this type of pistol ? And what about PF.B .129 ?

I have seen only one LP08 marked to a cavalry unit and that was a later year. If it is JzP it would probably have been unit marked later in the war. As to deciphering the entire marking, it is necessary to actually see a good photo of the marking.

ok , thanks for the help , I'll take a picture asap .

So It would be a horse-mounted Jäger regiment ... what about the 13 the 8 and the 129 ? I will probably have time tomorrow to make more detailed pictures .Thanks for the help .

I would really need to see a good photo of the marking.

Default 1914 Erfurt Artillery Luge Markings

Quote Originally Posted by keoki7 View Post
    I would really need to see a good photo of the marking.
    Here is a picture . As far as I can read it is :13 .JAG (jäg) .Z.PF.B.1.29IMAG0059.jpg

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast