Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1913 Erfurt

Default 1913 Erfurt

Gents,
    Can you help me id the unit on my pistol? F.M.G.A.12.81
    Thanks,
    Dan

Dan - From Jan Stills Imperial Lugers - Fortress Machine Gun Detachment No. 12 Weapon No. 81

Nice and fairly scarce marking. Will you share photos and the full serial number. On Monday, I will be able to tell you in which fortress they were located.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

Thanks Bill!
    Attached Images Attached Images

pictures uploaded and notification to owner turned on
    Edward Tinker
    Veteran Bring Backs Vol III 2012
    Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
    Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
    Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
    Have all books available for purchase

Dan, F.M.G.12 was part of the II. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 130, XVI Army Corps. They were assigned to the Fortress at Metz-Montigny in the Imperial province of Elsass (Alsace). I have three other 1913 Erfurts listed for F.M.G. detachments, they are 4519, 3980a and 4050a. I also show a small cluster of 1915 DWMs marked to Fortress machinegun units; 832a, 2798a (F.M.G.A.12.19.), 5031a and 5868a.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

I also have an Erfurt that is unit marked; F.M.G.A.4. Keoki7, do you have the info as to which fort it was assigned to?

Thanks

Joe
    Better to have lived only one day as a tiger, then a thousand years as a lamb.

Joe, I assume it is a 1913, what is the serial number?

keoki7

Yes it is an Erfurt, dated 1913, serial 6095, no suffix. Unit marked; F.M.G.A.4.

Joe
    Better to have lived only one day as a tiger, then a thousand years as a lamb.

The 4th FMGA was attached to the II. Battalion of Infantry Regiment 129, V. Amy Corps. They were at the fortress Thorn in Pomerania. All the Festung Maschinegewehr units were formed in 1913.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast