Thread: WTS 1939 Mauser 42 code Luger SA Rig

Default WTS 1939 Mauser 42 code Luger SA Rig

WTS I have an excellent original condition 1939 Mauser 42 Code Luger with all matching numbers including a matching minty 1939 waffenampt maker marked holster with the proofed Eagle 655 loading tool. Gun has a bright shiny bore with distinct grooves, all matching numbers including the 2 mags. The right side shows the early Eagle 655 proof characteristic with the straight winged eagle of the military acceptance stamp both on the frame & barrel. 1939 was the first year for this stamp with the swastika that really started the increased production of the Nazi marked guns. This gun was still manufactured on the original Mauser 1934 machinery and is the short frame with the short sear. This rig also comes with the SA Party leader belt and a D.R.G.M. marked cross strap. The grips are both marked 34 which is the first two digits of the serial number. Usually it's last two digits even on the grips. That is only thing that might detract from otherwise being perfect.$4K [email protected]
    SA Luger 1.jpgSA Luger 17.jpgSA Luger 16.jpgSA Luger 15.jpgSA Luger 14.jpgSA Luger 13.jpgSA Luger 12.jpgSA Luger 11.jpgSA Luger 10.jpgSA Luger 9.jpgSA Luger 8.jpgSA Luger 7.jpgSA Luger 6.jpgSA Luger 5.jpgSA Luger 4.jpgSA Luger 3.jpgSA Luger 2.jpgSA Luger 18.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Warbooty,
    Here is a posting about your Luger.
    http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...to-do-about-it

Allen, I think you may have made a mistake. I looked at the photos you posted from GB in the other thread and the photos from the Phoenix site, and the photos from this posting. Other than some subtle lighting differences the finish and wear looks the same to me.

Where is this 70% to 90% sudden change in the finish you describe in the other thread? Near as I can tell the only thing the Phoenix Bros did was put the gun in a holster and fake the second mag. The gun looks original and unmolested IMO. And yes, the P bros were asking too much for the ("rig") with the faked mag but all their stuff is overpriced so no "fraud" or surprises there, you get a gun, a holster and two mags. JB
    Last edited by johnboy; 04-22-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: grammar
    "The only difference between us and the savages is the quality of our weapons"

Apparently I have purchased a gun that is in question and have been a party to fraud? I did purchase this off the Phoenix site and it is exactly as I got it. If there are some direct issues that I need to know about that I would like to know of course!

Quote Originally Posted by warbooty43 View Post
    Apparently I have purchased a gun that is in question and have been a party to fraud? I did purchase this off the Phoenix site and it is exactly as I got it. If there are some direct issues that I need to know about that I would like to know of course!
    Mike, as I stated above it is my opinion your gun is correct (other than the phaked second mag). Wether or not the "rig" came back this way or was "assembled" at Phoenix is something that can't be proven. Any rig without papers falls in this category.

I think Allen may have "cried wolf" after hearing too many Phoenix stories. I don't see any finish change from the (2) pics he posted in his original thread about this gun and the ones you posted. JB

What about the small area of pitting above the left grip? It seems to have vanished. Bill

I'm by no means an expert on lugers...but you can definitely see where the "spot" was and polishing marks and a difference in finish in the 13th photo...somebody messed with it...

Quote Originally Posted by rockisle1903 View Post
    I'm by no means an expert on lugers...but you can definitely see where the "spot" was and polishing marks and a difference in finish in the 13th photo...somebody messed with it...
    Enlarge it.

It's been rubbed yes, probably steel wool, some of the finish is gone but the pits are still there, if anything phoenix removed what was a spot of touch up blue over the pits and they exposed the rust underneath.

I think it's important to note here that they did not add any bluing to that spot but rather fixed a bad touch up. I know everyone hates Phoenix but I'm still ok with the gun as it sits.

The original claim in the other post was this gun was restored from 70% to 90+%, it's not, no one said it was never "messed with" but the finish is still original. and UNRESTORED

I have rubbed surface rust and funky spots off hundreds of guns with steel wool and oil, this is neither restoration or boosting. Take it at face value, you can see the finish is original and it's current condition. JB