Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1940 42 luger and 2 mags Value

Tags
1940 luger
3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  d.french60 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up this 1940 luger all matching numbers sn 482d looking to get others opinions on its condition and value. Grips are wooden and have no serial number but do have a 655 waffenmatt. It came with two magazines one wood bottomed and one marked fxo. the gun also has 8.82 on the barrel under the sn..what does the mean? All together I paid $1100 did I get a good deal? Thank you
Dan

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Dan, I think you did well..The pistol looks like original finish. You can't estimate value without looking at all numbers matching. If all match then the pistol is right at what you paid.
The stock is as George indicates. A reproduction ..likely an Odin but hard to ell for sure. Will it slip onto a Luger and lock up? If it will it' might be an Odin. CMR's never fit.
The rough mag is worth very little depending on the markings on the bottom.
The nickle mag is worth $100-150 what's marked on it? Might be more if it were an Erfurt.
You need to know a lot more about the details to really establish value but from what I see you didn't do too bad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.