Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Krieghoff Early S Code #1224

8K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  chadaz34 
#1 ·
New to the site and my 1st post. Just acquired a Krieghoff early S code serial # 1224. Conservative 85% high polish original blue, fine mirror bore, non matching mag, fat walnut grips both numbered 1224. It has a blue trigger???
All parts numbered or eagle 2 marked.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like a renumbered frame and grips. Do you have pictures of the whole gun? What are your questions?
Tim H.

#4 · (Edited)
You'll need to post up photos of the whole gun...left side and right side.

Close up photos of the checkering on the wooden grips and the dicing pattern on the toggle knobs are also needed.

But with the partial photos you posted in this thread and in your other thread, I think :

1. The rear toggle pin is probably from a Mauser WWII Luger. It also has the wrong 2-digits of "22" stamped on the pin...which is not the SN of your pistol.

2. Seems like the breech block might have been renumbered in a font that does not look like the number fonts used elsewhere on the gun. Usually you see the last 2-digits...not the full 4-digit SN on the side of the breech block.

3. I do not recall seeing wooden grips with the entire SN stamped in the wood. The font of those numbers looks odd, as well. Author Randall Gibson on page 41 of his older HK Luger book indicates wooden HK grips may not have been numbered.

#7 · (Edited)
The triggers should all be strawed.

Sometimes/many times the right side of the magazine release shaft/spindle is fire-blued...but the trigger should not be blued unless reworked/refinished or replaced with a salt-blued trigger from a Mauser Luger.

The s-link coupling looks blued as well. Usually you want to see those white-metal.

#10 · (Edited)
So you are selling this gun? I agree with everything Pete said and would add that the breech block also came from the same donor HK #22 and the 1 & 4 were added to "legitimize" the block. The grips would not have been suspect had they been an unmarked matching pair but whomever tried to force-match out this gun used two different grips (the dark one may have been original) then put the full serial on them. The frame has a nice thumb print and I don't think it's renumbered as Tim stated above, at the end of the day it's a mismatched HK and 7K is a lot of money for a "close but no cigar" gun. JB

#16 ·
Jake,

Asking-price is only the seller's business...but I am afraid you are optimistic with your G-B listing.

I think most collectors here would see this HK pistol towards the "shooter" classification.

There are the foundations of a very honest S-Code, but the non-proper replacement parts and the seemingly "forced matched' numbering and/or renumbering kind of defeats the gun's collector status.

Probably a $ 3000 or maybe a $ 3500 gun or so...but everyone has their opinions.

#19 · (Edited)
Another early S-Code coming up for auction. SN-1189. Straw is confirmed by auction house and their photos to be re-strawed.

TD lever "flat" appears to have a deep chamfer, as well. And the right side of the magazine release is straw in color, not fire-blue.

New SN for the List. New orphan mag for the List, as well.

( Text Added : This one sold. Lot # 154, Amoskeag auction, 3-2017, $ 5,462.50. )

#22 ·
Another early S-Code...SN-1163. New SN for the HK List.

Actually...looking at the photos more carefully, I think it is SN-1183. So it is not a new SN for the List...just a more recent set of photos of this gun from the current seller.

Here are the previous photos of SN-1183 when it was on auction with its orphan magazine.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...d-11-01-15&p=484577&highlight=1183#post484577

#23 ·
Pete ,

Reciever serial sure looks like 1163 to me .

Look at the flat left vertical and the dipped in with a gap right vertical on the "6" font.

Look at the curved center horizontal on the "6" font also .

VERY DIFFERENT than the sideplate and takedown "8" fonts .

Like to see the frame front .

#24 ·
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, I do not have any frame front photos from either selling occasion.

But I took one photo from the Carol Watson auction back in 2016 and cropped it and played with gamma, etc....see below. I think the left side SN is 1183.

And a comparison of some wear along the bottom of the side plate and side panel and spot of corrosion on the bottom of the thumb safety lever, I think, show the same gun in both photo-sets...

#28 · (Edited)
here are close ones of mine.

ADDING;

This is not a sale offer.

Just thought you may want pics of real close ones.

Did actually get my mag 5310 back in gun 5310 in Austria .

That said if someone has the matching honest gun same deal as 5310.

Same for same condition wise and acceptable types for both parties.

Even trade

Household hardware Gas Fixture Font Auto part
Font Material property Gas Household hardware Metal
Material property Font Gas Motor vehicle Symbol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.