Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Data wanted on 1908 BAYARD 7.65 PISTOLS - IMPERIAL GERMAN PROOFED only

26K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  dpz 
#1 ·
Hello,

Maybe this can be a sticky?

I am starting a serial number databases on Imperial proofed Bayard 1908 pistols, only those without Liege proofs / German proof. The goal is to determine about how many were made during the war and also what the serial number range is...

Please post or PM me your serial number, I never share names of owners with anybody.

Thanks for your help!
Anthony

#31 ·
Are you still looking for data? Have been collecting Bayard 08 serial numbers for some time and all the Prussian marked pistols have serials between 100,000 and
200,000 with no commercial pistols in this range. Did you happen to see the prussian marked .380 that was on gunbroker a while back? It looked legit, but didn't
bid on it.

#32 ·
Yes, I have an active list and am narrowing the 100-200K range down. I am interested in those numbers that shrink the range.

Thanks
Anthony

#36 ·
#48 ·
Imperial German eagle marked on right side of muzzle, slide and frame. Got lots of work to do on this old girl ,came in a zip lock bag field stripped . recoil spring and guide from another gun ... currently looking for !!!!! found everything else ... can any on help me with the regiment marks??? I have not seen them like this .... notice the square cut out for mag access , Ihave not seen this either its normally roundish ....
please give feed back ....

#50 ·
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 511674 View attachment 511682 View attachment 511706 Imperial German eagle marked on right side of muzzle, slide and frame. Got lots of work to do on this old girl ,came in a zip lock bag field stripped . recoil spring and guide from another gun ... currently looking for !!!!! found everything else ... can any on help me with the regiment marks??? I have not seen them like this .... notice the square cut out for mag access , Ihave not seen this either its normally roundish ....
please give feed back ....
You have an interesting pistol, both the early number and regimental markings! Thanks for sharing!
Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.