Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1921 Police Rig

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  hornsfan 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a 1921 chamber-dated P08 rig, SN 753b, with unit marking S.H.1131. The pistol, holster, wood mag & TD tool are all marked with the unit number. It also came with an alum mag matching the SN of the pistol. This very unit marking was noted in Maus's History Writ in Steel Table 9-7. Here are a few pics for those of you interested to see what it looks like. Bad news is that it has an importer's marking..guess everything can't be perfect. I also threw in a police bayonet in one of the pics with a unit marking in close proximity (although I believe bayonets were numbered independently of the police rigs).

Greg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! That is an outstanding assembly of serial and unit marked items! With that, the importer"s marking becomes insignificant. What a great police rig. Totally outside of my collecting area, but I have to offer up admiration for a world class acquisition. Way to go!

#5 ·
Don - the mags have no markings other than on the base and the Haenel marking on the body.

For inquiring minds - I purchased this from one of our sponsors, Simpson. Transaction was very smooth and with excellent communication. As noted in other posts, I can attest to the fact that their web prices are currently non-negotiable. I am very pleased nonetheless.

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.