Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real French inscription?

[QUOTE = cirelaw; 574209] Contexte historique ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufa...t-%C3%89tienne ! Merci Pete [/ QUOTE]

This is my catalog of 1911 ...

JoŽl

Tres grande trouvaille historique, Merci mon amie!! Over ten years I was led to believe we are all friends with a common interest including yourself and my respect for you and all of our members and friendships made here!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
    Tres grande trouvaille historique, Merci mon amie!! http://www.tircollection.com/t11629-...ighlight=luger
    Merci mon amie, Eric? JoŽl is all man!
    Regards, Norm

Norm, I thought we were all friends! Je Pensais Que Nous Etions Beacoup Plus Des Am Desi~

Why in this French article refer the 1906 French Contract Luger as "1911"? http://www.tircollection.com/t11629-...ighlight=luger PIA in archives sold a 1913~http://phoenixinvestmentarms.com/873Erfurt13.htm

I lost my French dictionary; "muy gracias".
    03man - Don Voigt
    Luger student and collector
    Looking for DWM mil.side plates- 14,17,45
    Art. luger rear sight slide # 03

Thank You! I spent 2 summers in southern France while a student learning French at Marist High School in Bayonne, N.J. It was part of a student exchange starting in 1974. I lived with a Basque family in Bayonne France where I understand Bayonets were made long before the First World War~ Bruno Duclos my French counterpart showed me my first luger he uncovered in his clay basement years ago. It was obviously hidden as his family as part of the then French Resistance.That is why my first luger was a 1906 Frenchy! Like 'Luger Love' you never forget your first, nor regret your last!! Bruno and me on the right witth now missing, long blond hair a freaky wallpaper!! Mom died five years later in 1979 at age 54 during my first year of law school unfortunatly. A picture of my mom and us both! I wish I still had some hair and also have taken more pictures! Eric

Quote Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
    Thank You! I spent 2 summers in southern France while a student learning French at Marist High School in Bayonne, N.J. It was part of a student exchange starting in 1974. I lived with a Basque family in Bayonne France where I understand Bayonets were made long before the First World War~ Bruno Duclos my French counterpart showed me my first luger he uncovered in his clay basement years ago. It was obviously hidden as his family as part of the then French Resistance.That is why my first luger was a 1906 Frenchy! Like 'Luger Love' you never forget your first, nor regret your last!! Eric
    I am very happy that you knew my beautiful country. I am also from the south west of France, 60 kilometers from La Rochelle and 80 from Cognac, well known cities all over the world.

JoŽl

Unfortunatly most Americans think of France as only Paris! That is really a beautiful place for a few days visit. Touring the middle and south is the real treasure of your country. Jai Alai and homemade sangria is the real high!! Basque cooking, everything fresh and Paella and grilled garlic shrimp whose memories still make my mouth water after 40 years. What struck me most were the German concrete bunkers lining the beaches almost every few miles all the way on the southern France coast to the Spanish border. Permanent daily reminders of the nazi occupation and paranoia! When Bruno Duclos visited back home I took him to a Grateful Dead concert at the Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City in 1974 with all the bad habits and he was never the same!! My stroke Thank God never erased my beautiful past!

Indeed, thousands of concrete bunkers dot the Atlantic coast: in cities like Royan, they were demolished after the war, but on the coasts they are still there, buried in the sand or scattered in the sea!
    The French state has even rented it to make holiday accommodation!

Otherwise, it is on, in France, we eat well and it is very varied according to the regions ...

My wife and I love the Basque country, it's about 3 and a half hours away from us by the motorway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast