Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last WW2 Radom?

Default Last WW2 Radom?

The last photo in the York book is of 2K9132, I'm attaching photo of 2K9147. I know many collectors here have some rare pieces stashed away - so what's the highest number WW2 Radom you have seen first hand?

2k9147-right.JPG

That Radom is beautiful. Any chance of seeing any more photos?

That is a nice looking Radom.Is it the last?We will see.Common guys,who is got the higher number.Regards Kris

Frisco, North Carolina, Hatteras Island. Live on a sandbar 30 miles out in the ocean.

Good evening kmicic,

Thank you for sharing the photo of your 2/K9147. 2/K9132 is from my collection. As I mentioned in an earlier post, 4-16-15, http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...ne-of-the-last the last of the K block that I am aware of is K9150. If I remember correctly, 9150 is mentioned in Berger's book, although no photos. I could verify if that is where I saw the number 9150, but all my reference books are packed away at this time and would take too long to open all the boxes to find it. Again, thank you for sharing.
    Last edited by VIS35; 02-15-2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Francis

VIS35....aka/Blind Hog
    "Even a Blind Hog sometimes finds an acorn"

I just looked through Berger's book, and here are the only three references I can find:
    Page 27, "... Serial number range... to High K9000 second alphabet series."
    Page 30, "Steyr characteristic Vis pistols show up early in the second series letter "H" and continue until the end of the second series letter "K". There may exist a very few in the "L" series."
    Page 41, "The German production ran through one entire alphabet series (first series) and started on another (second series) up to the letter "K", possibly into the very early "L".
    Copywrite 1981
    Nothing specific to exact numbers. Were there any more than one edition of the book?

No mention of specific serial numbers in Lapins's book.

Hope this helps. I'm intrigued to learn of the last serial number as well.

Frisco, North Carolina, Hatteras Island. Live on a sandbar 30 miles out in the ocean.

Okay, found it, 9150 is from "Axis Pistols" by Jan Still, copyright 1986, page 67. "Grade III: "serial range Z2000 to K9150".
    Francis

VIS35....aka/Blind Hog
    "Even a Blind Hog sometimes finds an acorn"

Were the BNZ slides the last ones maybe?

A few things I noticed on the pictured pistol. The frame is much longer than the slide and also, the rear most pin is not the pressed in looking type pin but a rounded end one. Would be interesting to see the other side of the pistol and internally. Is the slide (and barrel) matching to the frame, and what does that rear pin look like from the other side?
    Trust me, I'm with the Government

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoya10 View Post
    A few things I noticed on the pictured pistol. The frame is much longer than the slide and also, the rear most pin is not the pressed in looking type pin but a rounded end one. Would be interesting to see the other side of the pistol and internally. Is the slide (and barrel) matching to the frame, and what does that rear pin look like from the other side?
    It looks to me as if the slide is not quite all the way back, but the pistol looks fine to me.
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

2k9147-slide-middle.JPG2k9147-slide-serial.JPG2k9147-grip-left.JPG2k9147-barrel.JPG2k9147-frame-right.JPG2k9147-grip-right.JPG2k9147-slide-top.JPG2k9147-left.JPG

Gents thanks for your input. Keep hunting for interesting details, I think there are at least 2 on the additional photos I'm enclosing. If this is indeed the last Radom, then it deserves better picture taking skills than mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, BNZ is in the 2k1500-2k2500 range (going from memory) intermixed with other legend types. Certainly not the last, nor the first one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast