Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

death head luger

35K views 87 replies 28 participants last post by  CBrown 
G
#1 ·
I have just came into possession of a mint death head luger all matching with deaths head marked holster the capture papers and documentation from the vet who brought it back to the 2 owners afer he sold it.
I also have a letter from a Hrr Kornmayer staff editor as of 6-1989 of the deutesches waffen journal talking about this luger and that there are only 5 known examples of a death head luger known.
What I was also told was that these pistols were issued to the commandants of the various concentration camps,what I am wanting to know is does anybody know if this is in fact the case.
IM trying to track down the captain's records who brought the gun back as to his unit.
The capture paper shows his unit as f.a hq. 5th t.d. gp which i cant figure out
any help would be great.
The clip in the gun matches the xtra one is a 3 digit number the take down tool is marked 42.
I also have a picture of the exact holster pictured in military holsters of ww#2 being out of the ralph shattuck colllection.
I do have photos however Im having a hard time trying to get the macro setting to get close enough to focus on the ss proofs so they come out clear enough.
One last question what would a ballpark figure on a value??
thanks again

military-1

See less See more
#79 ·
You all should have heard the Battalion Commander's (LTC Wright) thoughts on my searchlight cover when he first saw it.

#84 ·
For the serious collectors, I recently found a small batch of original SS-proofed allen head screws at an old German factory. They are only 100USD each. A real bargain. Really.

#87 ·
The last time I posted up a photo-collage was back in 9-2015. It had around 36-37 examples.

If you go to Post # 1 and Post # 2 in this discussion thread, you will see that photo-collage :

(Note : The DH photos/postings seem to start much "debate" as a result. So the remainder of the thread is such debating. Seems to be a "hot button" topic like the one about Russian Lugers.)

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthre...ath-Head-Stampings/page3&highlight=Death+Head

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.