Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1938 S/42 Navy

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  peter meyer 
#1 ·
Hello folks,
Have some pictures to show a 1938 S/42 SN. 224m property # 4055 and I think I see on frame E/83 E/63 and on base E/83 the gun all numbers are matching including hold open, firing pin grips I personally feel everything is right as for the property # 4055 well that does not surprise me a lot for what I know that not necessarily is a issue what catches my eye is the mag. tube "Haenel Schmeisser? First and only one I have seen that was not in a police gun. Now as for the gun, it has been in possession of the same person since 1950.
Please pick it apart, all responses are welcome!
Happy Hunting!
Peter

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Close-up Material property
Metal
Wood Metal
Water Roof Grass Steel Metal
Revolver
Auto part Metal
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
Not your guy for answers but I am literate .

Pages 57-58 TR Lugers - Still . Good pics of 1938 S/42 1119m marked N2565 with both mags .

Hallock pages 162-163 . A chart of " N " property numbers that shows 1938 S/42's above and below yours .

Looks promising to my in-trained eye .

#10 ·
Normally the Haenel Schmeisser marked blued mags went to Police P08s and were centre pins. I personally have not observed one with a rear pin. Is it round spring or zig zag spring? From your photos it appears to be a first rate job. It was probably an early HS tube that was later blued and has the round spring. Just surprised in 1938 it would leave the factory that way. Possibly a later tube replacement. Very nice either way.

#11 ·
First of all thank you for everyone's reply I looked high and low to find a Schmeisser blue tub mag that is rear pinned and also shows the "Haenel Schmeisser" yes I seen blue tub rear pinned mags. but all those did not carry the name. The mag that I have has the round spring and as it stand as for now, it all looks legit and it is what it is (so I guess it is really rare:rolleyes:) past history only knows.

Happy Hunting!
Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.