Thread: Can You Identify This 4.25mm Auto Pistol?

Bayard Guest

Default Can You Identify This 4.25mm Auto Pistol?

This 4.25mm pistol is similar to the Menz Liliput. Unlike every Menz I've seen, this pistol does not have a full length slide. Also, the recoil spring is above the barrel and hooked to the slide via a rod, much like a Steyr .25.

The pistol is unmarked except for D.R.P., Crown N proofs, and the serial number. Other than finding the patent, I don't know how to identify this piece.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] 425Pistol.jpg
    15.3Â*KB

Bayard,

this is a tough nut to crack, for sure! Well, I have all German patents relating to pistols, but it isn’t easy to get the matching one. One (!) reason: patents normally do show sectional drawings and most often only details of the pistol. Can you take a saw and make a cutaway of it? Would make it MUCH easier….

OK, so far the best match seems to be German patent No 361,177 filed on May 23, 1921 by Franz Karpinski in Charlottenburg (Berlin).

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DE361177_Karpinski.jpg
    96.6KB

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DE361177_Karpinski2.jpg
    27.74KB

He had some other patents, one of which he owned together with a company Nordflugwerke. Never heard of Karpinski, never heard of Nordflugwerke – in connection with pistols. So, it would be most interesting, if we really could make a connection between your (?) pistol and Karpinski.

Can you show us more details of this pocket cannon?

Regards

Martin
    Value? Open an auction at GB or AA and in two weeks you'll know exactly....

I too have one of these guns. I also have 25 rounds for it as well. What was the final resolution on the gun and it's value?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by sauerfan View Post
    Bayard,

this is a tough nut to crack, for sure! Well, I have all German patents relating to pistols, but it isn’t easy to get the matching one. One (!) reason: patents normally do show sectional drawings and most often only details of the pistol. Can you take a saw and make a cutaway of it? Would make it MUCH easier….

OK, so far the best match seems to be German patent No 361,177 filed on May 23, 1921 by Franz Karpinski in Charlottenburg (Berlin).

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DE361177_Karpinski.jpg
    96.6KB

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] DE361177_Karpinski2.jpg
    27.74KB

He had some other patents, one of which he owned together with a company Nordflugwerke. Never heard of Karpinski, never heard of Nordflugwerke – in connection with pistols. So, it would be most interesting, if we really could make a connection between your (?) pistol and Karpinski.

Can you show us more details of this pocket cannon?

Regards

Martin

Still unanswered since 2006?
    Well, I'd say Langenhan. This 6,35 of mine looks like a brother:

Bruno
    Last edited by bruno38; 07-11-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Bruno your pistol I believe is a Langenhan Model 3 in 6.35mm
    Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase. kk