Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Can You Identify This 4.25mm Auto Pistol?

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pisto 
G
#1 ·
This 4.25mm pistol is similar to the Menz Liliput. Unlike every Menz I've seen, this pistol does not have a full length slide. Also, the recoil spring is above the barrel and hooked to the slide via a rod, much like a Steyr .25.

The pistol is unmarked except for D.R.P., Crown N proofs, and the serial number. Other than finding the patent, I don't know how to identify this piece.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Download Attachment: 425Pistol.jpg
15.3 KB

See less See more
#2 ·
Bayard,

this is a tough nut to crack, for sure! Well, I have all German patents relating to pistols, but it isn’t easy to get the matching one. One (!) reason: patents normally do show sectional drawings and most often only details of the pistol. Can you take a saw and make a cutaway of it? Would make it MUCH easier…. ;)

OK, so far the best match seems to be German patent No 361,177 filed on May 23, 1921 by Franz Karpinski in Charlottenburg (Berlin).

Download Attachment: DE361177_Karpinski.jpg
96.6KB

Download Attachment: DE361177_Karpinski2.jpg
27.74KB

He had some other patents, one of which he owned together with a company Nordflugwerke. Never heard of Karpinski, never heard of Nordflugwerke – in connection with pistols. So, it would be most interesting, if we really could make a connection between your (?) pistol and Karpinski.

Can you show us more details of this pocket cannon?

Regards

Martin

#3 ·
I too have one of these guns. I also have 25 rounds for it as well. What was the final resolution on the gun and it's value?

Chris

Bayard,

this is a tough nut to crack, for sure! Well, I have all German patents relating to pistols, but it isn’t easy to get the matching one. One (!) reason: patents normally do show sectional drawings and most often only details of the pistol. Can you take a saw and make a cutaway of it? Would make it MUCH easier…. ;)

OK, so far the best match seems to be German patent No 361,177 filed on May 23, 1921 by Franz Karpinski in Charlottenburg (Berlin).

Download Attachment: DE361177_Karpinski.jpg
96.6KB

Download Attachment: DE361177_Karpinski2.jpg
27.74KB

He had some other patents, one of which he owned together with a company Nordflugwerke. Never heard of Karpinski, never heard of Nordflugwerke – in connection with pistols. So, it would be most interesting, if we really could make a connection between your (?) pistol and Karpinski.

Can you show us more details of this pocket cannon?

Regards

Martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.