Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Looking for BERGMANN BAYARD owners: communication for survey

16K views 69 replies 28 participants last post by  1SGGETCH 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to communicate with owners of Bergmann Bayard pistols and Danish clones. I will set up a survey mechanism to record models, contract numbers, serial data, features etc.

This survey will be used for a new book on Bayard. Please post a reply if you would like to participate and any comments you may have about the pistols you own. It may give me more ideas about the survey questions.

Thanks!
Anthony

#2 ·
You can include my three Anthony. What guidelines can you give us for a description?
Tim

#7 ·
Hello Anthony, about 20 years ago I owned a Danish Bergmann serial number one. It was in the white. When disassembled, the frame had an internal number of low three digits. I sold this Bergmann 13 years ago to a gentleman Who lives part of the year in Scottsdale Arizona.

#8 ·
That is fascinating. Any chance of getting in touch with the current owner? This is the type of exotic items I was hoping to encounter...

Thanks
Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for responding to my initial post. I will PM you as soon as I have the survey completed. As one collector requested, i will not post serial numbers online.

If you have a BB and want to participate, please post a message here so I can contact you later.

Thanks
Anthony

#10 ·
The response has been better than expected. Please do post if you have one or PM me, I do respect your privacy.

I will have the survey ready in a week or two.

Thanks
Anthony

#51 ·
New (to me) M1910 Bergmann manufactured during the WWI German Occupation

It is a 163XX serial number range with the "diamond & apple" proof marks in overall fine condition, perfect bore, and 90%+ original finish, some minor pitting due to storing in holster or rain. Does show some minor wear on left grip consistent with carrying in and rubbing against holster. No pictures as yet but can provide if desired. Biggest drawback is, it came with no magazine. I would be most grateful if someone might help me find one or two as I would eventually like to shoot it; any and all references for a magazine would be appreciated.

#13 ·
Can't help with the survey, but during our work on the Paul Mauser book, we did uncover some interesting facts about the relationship between Paul Mauser and Theodor Bergmann.

#16 ·
Hi Douglas, which spring the curved 1908/1910 factory spring or the straight Danish conversion?

Thanks
Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Can't help with the survey, but during our work on the Paul Mauser book, we did uncover some interesting facts about the relationship between Paul Mauser and Theodor Bergmann.
Did any of it have to do with pistol development?

Thanks
Anthony

#17 ·
Anthony,

The original, curved one.
One of the guns I rescue from an attic last year is a Bergmann Bayard.
Still with a good amount of original finish, but the grips were rotten and the spring rust and broke.
Everything else is surprisingly good.
Douglas.

#20 · (Edited)
Hello! Great to see your project! Will attempt to describe recent find. PLEASE feel free to ask for photos or additional info if I leave something out. My little treasure is a model 1910 made by AEP (standard AEP mark left side of barrel extension). Has trolit grips numbered to last 3 digits of serial #. The rear sight, block in front of sight, barrel/slide assembly, match frame # . Has improved, non-matching bolt assembly with improved extractor & screw for side-plate. Left side of frame @ rear marked with crown over "D" (Danish proof). Right side of frame @ rear has # 40 (Danish inventory?) Left side of barrel extension marked @ mid-point with "M. 1910/21". Left side front of barrel extension marked "BREVETE." over "S.D.G.D". Right side of barrel has numerous Belgian proofs. Additional very small identical proofs @ right front of barrel extension & right rear of frame. I read that pre-WWI, AEP guns to Danish, numbered 4840 units. Perhaps I'm incorrectly assuming that serial #s began @ or near #1. Then with a 4840 unit total, why is mine numbered 51XX, especially with what appears to be a relatively low Danish inventory #40? More photos upon request.

#23 ·
View attachment 339841 View attachment 339849 View attachment 339857 View attachment 339865 View attachment 339873
Hi Antony here enclose some pictures of my Danish "Hareens Rustkammer" (Army factory) Bergmann 1910/21 you will see serials numbers on pictures! regards
Gillus Paulinianus
Thanks, I see that you have a Danish made slide on a AEP Belgian frame. I assume that this was an unnumbered replacement frame, what is the number on the bottom of the frame?

Thanks again
Anthony

#31 ·
another one

Here is another one that I have been buying today it is a pattern 1908 he was hidden in an attic since the end of the war

#24 ·
I have completed data entry on about 10 years of observing guns. The survey is now online and I have sent PMs to folks who posted here.

I am still looking for more data, so if you have a Bergmann Bayard, please let me know.

Thanks
Anthony

#26 ·
Anthony,
Please send a message telling what you need to douglas.aguiar@uol.com.br
All the best,
Douglas.
Hi Douglas, I emailed you twice... please check your spam box if you did not get it.

Thanks
Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

I received three survey returns.

I would appreciate you looking into yours, If you have some time this weekend...

Thanks
Anthony

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
Hi,
here are some pics from my Bergmann 1908, S/N 3883 - it is from the contract with Spain and carries a Spanish inventory number. The grips are made of ivory obviously as a replacement for the fragile original ones.
Best wishes View attachment 365794 View attachment 365802 View attachment 365810 View attachment 365818 ,
Peter
Hi Peter,

That is very helpful, can you please add a photo of the top of the pistol? I would like to see the locking block and rear sight and bolt...

Thanks
Anthony

#29 ·
For owners of Danish produced pistols (not Belgian AEP). I am trying to find out of the Danish manufactured magazines have an all blue magazine body or if the back of the body (where it connects to the frame) is also left in the white. Does anybody have a Danish magazine that has an all blue body?

Thanks
Anthony