Thread: Smith & Wesson 1-1/2 Single Action

Default Smith & Wesson 1-1/2 Single Action

Hello,
    A friend of mine gave me this old little bird as a present, as he knows I like "old stuff".
    Although not focused on Old West firearms, I consider bad manners to refuse a gift . As far as I could research this is a Smith & Wesson 1-1/2 New Model, chambered for 32 S&W ammo. They were made between 1878-1892 totalling around 100,000 guns. Mine is in the 93,000 serial number range.
    It is not in pristine condition, but I like the patina and the original grips. The whole mechanism is tight and running great.
    I like to have some fliers in my collection and this one fits this category.
    Sorry for the bad pictures, I will take better ones soon.
    Douglas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Collecting data about Brazilian Lugers.

Hi Douglas, These fine old S&W's live forever hidden in attics and grandparents closets. Because of the black powder era 1870's origin, I'd stay away from shooting modern smokeless powder .32 S&W ammunition. There are safe BP 'Cowboy' loadings available if you can't resist shooting it, but get a gunsmith's approval first. Enjoy it with your young son - and daughter if she's inclined!

Douglas, I picked up one of those models too, was a good price and its up above the tv as a nice display, along with other things

Douglas... what a nice gift from your friend, I also have a break top Smith and Wesson but it is somewhat newer.
    Happy Hunting!
    Peter
    Ein Soldat
    Looking for K date Luger mag. the base needs to have the acceptance mark O-37 with #1088 with no Suffix number the mag. body on the spine needs to display the Haenle H
    Thanks for looking Pete

Thanks for your comments, folks!

Dick, my son is already keen to firearms - although he has shwoing more interest on Broomhandles and old six shooters (I will give him some time to understand the beauty of a P04)

The funny part is this is the second S&W I receive as a gift. The other was a beautiful .32 Hand Ejector with a 6 in. barrel. And I also have another top break, a Safety Hammerless (the bycicle version) in outstanding condition. They all stay nicely with my Brazilian Contract S&W Model 1917.

Douglas
    Collecting data about Brazilian Lugers.