Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Luger 45, come back for sale

au contrair my friend. They were tested by the US Army many moons ago resulting in the "million dollar" Luger..history enough to pique most any collectors interest even for a re creation. That and the .45 calibur is what "shooters" want..I firmly believe Eugene can sell many hundreds of these..it satisfies on at least three counts.. two of them is price resulting in shootability. If Mikes offering was 5K buyers would shoot his too. But they ain't so they won't. Also there is a MUCH smaller market for a 15K pistol investors buy than a 5K pistol shooters want. The 5K pistol market I suspect it VERY large.

If you're just wanting to shoot a 45ACP. there are tons out there for sale, I have a 1911 in my collection and a recent one for shooting, valued at about $600. I take it to the range and use it for self carry protection. So I don't need to see spending 5k for the fun of shooting a 45.

Built as a shooter is not a problem. Most guns were built as shooters initially. DWM and Mauser built shooters as artifact in pre-WWI era, that's amazing (or, probably due to that's the style of that era?), but their products were still marketed as shooters. Some buyers did not use those shooters a lot, so some samples were preserved in in mint or near-mint shape after 100 years. Even those ones are NOT necessarily being very expensive nowadays though, case by case, depends on volume, depends on availability, etc. At least, quite amount of those original C&R are not more expensive than .45acp Luger of a few years old. For example, $5k could buy common variations of Luger and C96 in mint shape. $15k could buy scarce variations in mint shape. Money works.

This .45 is built as shooter, that's a great starting point. Owner does not have to shoot it. Or, if already have a $15K one for looking, buy a $5k one for occasional shooting. I guess most will be preserved. As investment, probably they are not great. especially when the volume is already not very small and won't be a fixed number.... God knows, hobby should be mainly interest based anyway.

We had a John Martz .45 Luger at the range a few years ago......worked like a charm!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GP1nks6uA4
    Peter

Harry..ya left the "Luger" part out of your .45 story..This is a LUGER forum not mosin nagant 1911 milsurp glock junk. 5K is something a lot of guys will scrape up. The supply of Eugene's .45 Luger's could dry up as quickly as they appeared too.

I guess most will be preserved. As investment, probably they are not great. especially when the volume is already not very small and won't be a fixed number.... God knows, hobby should be mainly interest based anyway.

Alvin, wise words..

Quote Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
    Harry..ya left the "Luger" part out of your .45 story..This is a LUGER forum not mosin nagant 1911 milsurp glock junk. 5K is something a lot of guys will scrape up. The supply of Eugene's .45 Luger's could dry up as quickly as they appeared too.

I guess most will be preserved. As investment, probably they are not great. especially when the volume is already not very small and won't be a fixed number.... God knows, hobby should be mainly interest based anyway.

Alvin, wise words..
    You missed my point again. If all you want to do is to shoot 45ACP, there are cheaper ways to do it.

Peter,

Thanks for your Martz U-tube link.

Looks like it had quite a bit of "kick" when fired.

Best Regards, Pete...

If I ever find my JVM 45ACP, it will never be fired. If the previous owner shot it fine, but I will retire it.

The future price will be volume decided. If the volume is big enough, future .45acp could be cheaper than today's DWM 1920 (low end variation?)

At JVM current price level, it's obviously very lucrative to attract other .45acp creation.

The future price will be volume decided. If the volume is big enough, future .45acp could be cheaper than today's DWM 1920

Alvin, I disagree. Eugene or anyone else will NEVER make the kind of quantity to drive the price down. It's absolutely amazing that Eugene is able to do this as it is..really an accomplishment of grand proportions. I don't think everyone appreciates what he has done. But Eugene is in the drivers seat as of now and controls production..No competition and control of production.... or not. He calls the shots. Econ 101. Given Eugene's limitations as a one man band..the price may go up even!

Harry "You missed my point again. If all you want to do is to shoot 45ACP, there are cheaper ways to do it." Wrong again..I get your point. I DON"T WANT to shoot some other crappy .45 pistol like a Glock. I want to shoot a .45 LUGER. And yes, you ARE correct. there IS a cheaper way to do that now. Eugene's marvelous and quite reasonably priced .45 LUGER.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast