Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Luger 45, come back for sale

Quote Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
    The future price will be volume decided. If the volume is big enough, future .45acp could be cheaper than today's DWM 1920

Alvin, I disagree. Eugene or anyone else will NEVER make the kind of quantity to drive the price down. It's absolutely amazing that Eugene is able to do this as it is..really an accomplishment of grand proportions. I don't think everyone appreciates what he has done. But Eugene is in the drivers seat as of now and controls production..No competition and control of production.... or not. He calls the shots. Econ 101. Given Eugene's limitations as a one man band..the price may go up even!

Harry "You missed my point again. If all you want to do is to shoot 45ACP, there are cheaper ways to do it." Wrong again..I get your point. I DON"T WANT to shoot some other crappy .45 pistol like a Glock. I want to shoot a .45 LUGER. And yes, you ARE correct. there IS a cheaper way to do that now. Eugene's marvelous and quite reasonably priced .45 LUGER.
    Colt made a marvelous pistol 106 years ago that shoots 45ACP, that's what I shoot. I would never buy a Glock. Buy you a 45ACP 5k Luger and have fun then try a 1911 and see if you can tell any difference. Your 5k Luger will never be worth more than 5k, but my 1911 will continue to increase in value should I ever decide to sell it. I'm aware this is a Luger forum, that's why I'm here, but sometimes to make a point in a discussion you have to introduce something other than Lugers. I hope Lugerman's Luger is a success(time will tell), I'm sure he has a ton of money and time invested and deserves to make a profit, but for myself I'm not interested. Should his project come to fruition, I will be one of the first to congratulate him. Don't you have anything better to do than argue with me……….

Harry, Your 5k Luger will never be worth more than 5k,Never is a long time.

I don't buy everything I have to be worth more than I bought it for. I buy it because I like it and want to have it or even use it. I hardly ever sell stuff I want..I will die with it, I have no heirs. Ellie can sell it and she is much harder to deal with than I am.
    Arguing? I wasn't arguing. This is a "discussion" forum. Where gentlemen present different points of view. What makes you think we were arguing?

To keep a gun very long term, I got a little bit experience. But this is very person related, not universal. Your feeling could be very very different -- to keep a gun long long time without any problem, it must have low market value. If it just came cheap, but it has high market value, that's not enough, it's still hard to keep it. It must be something that selling or keeping it makes not much difference. Then, I can keep it long long And, I mainly play mint original guns. It's not "no blue left/reblued/etc" context (although also play those in small scale).

Harry, Your 5k Luger will never be worth more than 5k,Never is a long time.

I don't buy everything I have to be worth more than I bought it for. I buy it because I like it and want to have it or even use it. I hardly ever sell stuff I want..I will die with it, I have no heirs. Ellie can sell it and she is much harder to deal with than I am.
    Arguing? I wasn't arguing. This is a "discussion" forum. Where gentlemen present different points of view. What makes you think we were arguing?
    In the rest of the world discussion may be the termed to use to describe tit for tat, but in Oklahoma it's a good old argument, sometimes leading to fisticuffs.

People will buy one of Eugene's lugers because they want to or like the idea; same as Harry likes shiny or engraved or special gripped pistols.

I "never" buy guns for an "investment", IMO that is foolish; one near always buys retail and when it comes time to sell , sell wholesale.
    Takes a long, long time to get even; but like other "investments" if you hit the timing or the name just right- you're golden.

I like to shoot my .45 M 31 Glock, 14 rounds in hand makes me feel good, I also like my .38 Super Colt Commander with 9 or 10, and my Ruger .22 with 10. Got to have lots of shooters for choice and application! Last time I counted, I have seven shooter lugers, from a 2.75" .30 to a 16" 9mm, and of course the .22 erma kit that will fit the 4" and with the bushing I made the 6" "Navy".

Some I will make a profit on; but not much, it is for the "fun of it"; and sometimes "bragging rights".
    03man - Don Voigt
    Luger student and collector
    Looking for DWM mil.side plates- 14,17,45
    Art. luger rear sight slide # 03

>> one near always buys retail and when it comes time to sell , sell wholesale.
    >> Takes a long, long time to get even;

This is mainly style related. Many people want to do "big bang sell". Then, some items go wholesale, some go retail. Some people want to consign to unheard of brokers, then, $20K item could only go $10K even with pumper's help.... without help, it would probably only $5k. Just for examples. But don't worry, in that case, I bet original owner's cost was probably $1k or $2k.

Making $$ out of these is not easy in short term, but get even is not hard at all. In long term, they should present no issue due to dollar value will never go deflation. Of course, the down side is lots of cash being locked into those "useless dead money" long long time.

Here is the CA-DOJ web site info. about modern guns being made in CA and/or sold & shipped to CA State.

If it is not on their approved list of Lab Certified guns, it is not allowed :

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

And if a potential buyer from CA wants one, you might chat with the DOJ on the phone. Mr. John Kelly is always a good guy to ask :

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/contact

Best Regards, Pete...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete E. View Post
    Here is the CA-DOJ web site info. about modern guns being made in CA and/or sold & shipped to CA State.

If it is not on their approved list of Lab Certified guns, it is not allowed :

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

And if a potential buyer from CA wants one, you might chat with the DOJ on the phone. Mr. John Kelly is always a good guy to ask :

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/contact
    Unless you have a good buddy that lives outside of Cal……….

Unless you have a good buddy that lives outside of Cal……….I am not a lawyer but that is what's known down here at the border as a "straw buyer" and is frowned upon by any and all LEO's. There's even a rumor they might lock you up if your caught doing it.

Unless you have a good buddy that lives outside of Cal……….I am not a lawyer but that is what's known down here at the border as a "straw buyer" and is frowned upon by any and all LEO's. There's even a rumor they might lock you up if your caught doing it.
    Really, the government frowns on things like that. That's a good thing to know.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast