Thread: New to me pre-alpha Radom Vis 35

Default New to me pre-alpha Radom Vis 35

Hello everyone, longtime lurker here finally joining the forum hoping to participate and contribute. Here's my newest acquisition, a pre-alpha Radom. Haven't detail stripped it yet, but the numbers match on the frame, barrel, and slide, so I presume the remaining parts are numbers matching also. It has the slotted mainspring housing and the magazine is unmarked except for what looks like a sideways A or triangle on the back side towards the bottom. Barrel is blued, and there's no evidence of a lanyard ring ever having been installed. Finish appears to be maybe 95%, with some holster wear at the muzzle and edges and some wear under the decocker. No wear on gripstraps at all.

I've got no plans of selling this gun, but out of curiosity, what's the current market value of something like this? Instinct tells me I did pretty well, but it's always nice to get confirmation from real experts. Thanks in advance!

IMG_4114.jpgIMG_4115_Ink_LI.jpg

Five digit pre-alpha, congrats!
    you can see the numbers of the extractor without disassembly, on the inside of the frame where the hammer is.

Welcome to the forum ! and can I say for your first post you knocked it out of the park !!!! congrats on a rare find and thanks for posting.
    Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoebuff View Post
    Welcome to the forum ! and can I say for your first post you knocked it out of the park !!!! congrats on a rare find and thanks for posting.
    I second that. Nice.
    57v

Nice. Slide legend (the words "FB Radom...") is in the middle position - not as far left as early prealfas, not quite as far right as last prealfas and the remainder of all Radoms. Values are all over the place, but if I were to insure it, I'd look at 1,700 USD. In this serial range you will also find the rare Polish Eagle slides stamped with waffenamts, and those are worth several times more.

Quote Originally Posted by zxing View Post
    Hello everyone, longtime lurker here finally joining the forum hoping to participate and contribute.
    Hello lurker,
    Glad to have you aboard. Would be even happier, though, to be able to make scientific use of your nice prealpha, but without a full serial number it is quite useless for serious research. May I ask for a photo with complete serial for my Radom Mugbook records, delivery arranged by PM? That would be for the file use only, would never see the light of day and is being stored with no personal data.