Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Nice Arty holster on ebay.

3K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  laoshi75 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Harry..Better ask yer buddy George about that little trick. He's the man behind the curtain there.

This beautiful Pebble grained Artillery holster could actually be made mint. I have the perfect closure strap to go on it.

#12 ·
I am not going to win it. It could have been bought for 1K when Enrique offered it here on the Forum. I was sorely tempted then but I din do it.

Harry, I have made pebble grained attaching leathers for several Artillery rigs. They look very cool but like Christian says I doubt that there were any made by the Germans. I set I made for George Anderson is shown in a collector book but I know you don't have a copy.
I think I have several pieces in my stash box..I made them up years ago and still have them.

#18 ·
Enrique, you probably have in Spain different shipping companies. In France we have the official postal service (International Colissimo), we also have french Chronopost and DHL that provides very quick shipment. Those two services are of course more expensive. Personnally I used the basic International Colissimo to ship my packages ( USA included). One package to USA with International Colissimo, 1,5Kg, fully insured 1000euros, is 48 euros.
Also, is your holster still for sale directly on this forum ? If yes, what is the price please ? Just an information for our forum members..
Best regards,
christian

#21 ·
Original MARS 1915 Pebble grained shoulder strap: Now THAT my Friends is a VERY rare accoutrement for an Artillery! Proving perhaps that attaching leathers were made in pebble grain..

#22 ·
I took the pouch to the USPS and had it weighed and the lady said it would be 30 bucks, by the time I had it boxed with packing materials it came to 35 bucks. I had to fill out a form to ship it and there wasn't enough room for the god awful address, 5 lines long. The item was worth 65 bucks and I didn't insure it for a thousand dollars, I took the standard 100 bucks.

#32 ·
That is a choice that everyone does not want to make. Personally I'd rather wait 6 months and have $1000 than not!:rolleyes:

The transaction in question was from Europe to the US, perhaps the sender knows something we don't?

#28 ·
Harry, I ship more than most guys..in going on 20 years of receiving and shipping 99% with the US Post Office I have NEVER permanently lost a box. I have had them go back and forth from Denver to Phoenix a dozen times and had them temporarily misplaced but but they always have arrived sooner or later. One I sent to France I thought was lost but 6 months later it came back to my mailbox.

#31 ·
Christian, No..not an original off of a Mars. As you may remember, I salvage pebble grain leather from German map cases. The strap I have that would match this holster seems to be the exact color..It comes from a German case 75 years old. The interior panels on these are generally light colored and mint..in very fine supple condition being on the inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.