Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Mauser M712 Schnellfeuer

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  luger 40 
#1 ·
Hi,
I don't think I had showed this before.
Here is my Mauser Schnellfeuer (M712) - the gun is matching and alive (capable of full auto firing), although I do not plan to shoot it. I guess it was made around 1935-36, in middle of the production. It is not n pristine condition, as it was a service gun, not a safe queen. It only has the 10 rounds magazine and no stock, so the hunting is still going on.
Hope you enjoy it.
Douglas.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great item. Stock and 20-round magazine are not very hard to come. As a retired service gun, this condition is very good. I have seen many much worn ones in Beijing. I guess Brazil being a relatively peaceful place, so retired weapons are still in VG shape.

#4 ·
Douglas

was this gun in service in Brazil - to my knowledge some police or military police units in Brazil had the Mauser Schnellfeuer pistol in their inventory.

I would be interested if you have any information about Schnellfeuer pistols used by Brazilian authorities.

regards Alexander

by the way: I have also 2 Schnellfeuer pistols and one of them I use from time to time for shooting - a very robust gun, I never had any problems.

#5 ·
Thanks for your kind words.
Yes, the Schnellfeuer was used by several Law Enforcement units from the 30s until the 70s.
We have at least a dozen of them (in different condition grades) at the São Paulo Police Museum.
I just strated to work on them, but their serial numbers indicates at least one contract. If we assume that the guns of this contract follows a consecutive sequence, then we have around 1000 guns from purchased arounf 1935 (they are mostly in the 34000 serial number range).
Many of such guns stayed in service until the 1970s.
Douglas.

#8 ·
Thanks Burgess!
And now... with the correct stock and the 20 rounds magazine.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.