Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M7 Roth-Steyr 8mm springs

Hey Ron - Glad I didn't put it back up yet. See what you make outta this:
    6 coils per inch (counted/confirmed in several sections), 37 1/4 coils total over 6 1/8" overall length.

Hope this drawing helps for the Plunger- I don't think the hole in the spring-end is critical, I measured the depth down the side and can tell the center is "pointed" but hard to measure - the depth rod on my calipers is flat and not pointed. The groove to capture the Spring, thus securing the Plunger from loss in the field, is another difficult measurement - so instead of futzing some numbers, it just needs to suit the Spring being used.

RSspringplungerJDT20170319.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MadMagyar View Post
    Hey Ron - Glad I didn't put it back up yet. See what you make outta this:
    6 coils per inch (counted/confirmed in several sections), 37 1/4 coils total over 6 1/8" overall length.

Hope this drawing helps for the Plunger- I don't think the hole in the spring-end is critical, I measured the depth down the side and can tell the center is "pointed" but hard to measure - the depth rod on my calipers is flat and not pointed. The groove to capture the Spring, thus securing the Plunger from loss in the field, is another difficult measurement - so instead of futzing some numbers, it just needs to suit the Spring being used.

RSspringplungerJDT20170319.jpg
    Jeff: Thanks for the drawing. I missed page 2 before and just now found it as I was getting dimensions on the recoil spring to add to my PDF file on the pistol. I will be adding this drawing to it. I have already added some other information so when I get the revision done, I'll e-mail you a copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12