Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unmolested Estate Sale "Z" Block 2-Lever Radom VIS 35 Rig

Default Unmolested Estate Sale "Z" Block 2-Lever Radom VIS 35 Rig

I just purchased my first Radom from an antiques dealer that procured it directly from the vet's family at an estate sale. The rig included the pistol, 2 unmarked magazines, and a holster that was modified to fit on a USGI web belt. The set is all original and appears to have been stored since the vet returned from WWII. While there is holster wear on the high points and grip straps of the pistol, the finish is actually nicer than the pictures depict. It's numbers-matching on the frame, slide, barrel, & grip safety, although there are two numbers (one on the slide underneath the decocker & one on the frame underneath the left grip) that don't match. My guess is that they're some type of assembly numbers?

While searching for a Radom, I initially wanted a 3-lever gun, because of the better fit & finish. However, I've read where the changeover from 3-lever to 2-lever happened early in "Z" block, so the fact that this pistol is probably within a few thousand guns of that change makes it unique to me. I'm glad to finally join the Radom "club" and look forward to acquiring more in the future. I know that we have many experts about these pistols on the forum, so please let me know if I missed anything with my observations.

P.S. If you look real hard at the picture of the inside of the holster, there is a "bnz" stamp that you can faintly make out by my thumb.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

The rest of the pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike,
    this is a beautiful,unmolested Radom.I love the grips,too bad with the modification of the holster but at least you know it is a true bring back.Nice.Regards Kris

Nice! No complaints about that rig, thanks for the share.

G2

It is a nice rig indeed. I would have it in my collection any day.
    And welcome to the club.
    Douglas.
    Collecting data about Brazilian Lugers.

Super nice rigged Radom. Hard to find in this day and age. Congratulations.

Welcome to the Forum! thanks for posting, and congrats on a nice pickup. You did well.
    Sam.

Very nice Radom. You did well.
    Charlie

Great gun, and great timing. 1/Z and "D" barrel stamp are currently being debated in another thread.

Hi Mike,
    * Welcome to the Forum.
    * Awesome 2 lever "Z" you found. Likely made in Dec., 1943 give or take a month. Probably only 3-4 days (less than a week??) after the "end" of the 3 lever variation.
    * Your pinned mags were some of the few still remaining as the supply was running out of these in favor of the "staked" mag bottom style thereafter.
    * Be sure to use the "search" function to see pics of other "Z's" reported.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast