Thread: Sauer 38h Question re: cock decock

Default Sauer 38h Question re: cock decock

Sauer 38h-Ser. #335914-a.jpgSauer 38h-Ser. #335914-d.jpgSauer 38h-Ser. #335914-f.jpgSauer 38h-Ser. #335914-n.jpgSauer 38h-Ser. #335914-o.jpgA while ago I picked up a nicer 38h, Serial #335XXX. The mag base is stepped steel not zinc alloy (trigger is also steel) and marked SuS, CAL.7.65. Left front trigger guard has what appears to be a weak or partial E/37 stamp.

Looks like my de-cocker spring is broken, but I've seen several available on line. Came with a holster that has seen significant use, but looks like it right. No marks on the holster.

Any thoughts? Can someone figure manufacture date? Thanks

It appears you have the correct magazine. Mine is serial number 321,xxx and has the same type. I can't see from your photos but it should have the intertwined SS and be marked with CAL. 7.65 on the bottom. you are also correct, it is marked with the E/37 on the trigger. I have found the majority that I came across have lousy waffenamts for some reason. your looks typical.
    Sam.

Nice condition, with original grips. The best price for the de-cocker spring is $15: http://www.checkpointcharlies.com/ec...ck-spring.html

Were German paratroop issued most of these? I know police and some other non-military groups were issued some, but I believe I read most went to the paratroops. I'm cleaning up the holster, and it's no prize winner. Older replacement mag pouch and closure strap, but the Sauer has been with it for some time. Thanks

You must have read the article in Guns & Ammo that appeared several years ago. The information about the paratroopers using Sauers was right up there with ALICE IN WONDERLAND....There's no evidence the paratroopers had an abundance of Sauers anymore than did the regular military.
    And when you guys list your Sauers, please list the entire serial number. Then I can add it to my 40 year old Sauer database. And when you do I will tell you when your Sauer was made....How's that for a deal? Regards, Jim

Jim, from the photos posted the serial number is 335914.

Bob

Thanks for letting me know I need to pay more attention to the photos....Seriously!! Best, Jim