Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Help Identifying my First Luger

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cwdonnelly 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I just purchased my first Luger. It has a 6 inch barrel and seems to be stainless steel. It doesn't look plated. It doesn't have Mitchell nor Stoeger markings. The markings are DWM with a double date of 1918 and 1920. It also has a Sear safety and no rear sight. I've always wanted a Luger and I wanted a shooter. I haven't shot it yet. I'm waiting for new magazines and new grips. I'm thrilled to have it so, any help identifying it, faked or not, would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

- CD

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi CD, Welcome to the Luger Club. The gun is a later re-barreled '18 DWM Army P.08 which had a police sear safety added after the 1920 property mark. The applied finish is obviously a later 'improvement'. As such, it has marginal collector value but it makes a fine shooter - enjoy!

#4 ·
plus it may just have no finish- just polished steel?
Completely agree... not my cup of tea but some may find it attractive. It should stay fine as long as it's rubbed down with an oily rag once in a while and kept in a dry environment.

#5 ·
Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your help and advice! After your responses I'm even more excited to own it. And I like hearing is actually a 1918/1920. I'll look into the polished steel idea I think you have something there. I will definitely enjoy this gun. I'm take it to night and see how it shots! I'm a very happy!

Thank you again,

CD :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.