Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simpson LTD

Default Simpson LTD

Hello. I recently came into two Luger pistols and began to search for information about them. I was quickly awed/overwhelmed by the amount of information out there! I also noticed several companies which have a very large inventory of what appear to be high quality Luger pistols, chief among them being Simpson LTD. Any thoughts or feedback from Forum members regarding their reputation and pricing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Expensive, but basically honest.

My dealings with them have been less than optimal, in fact "dismal" is more appropriate. Five times did they take my order and never shipped anything, when inquiring I always get the patented "The item was already sold". Often they do not want to take the trouble to pull an item, I once called four or five times about a shotgun and nobody had an interest in pulling it to answer my questions. Customer service is totally lacking since Bob Simpson has taken a step back from managing the place. I have also addressed the staff's behavior with Bob, and he stated that he was well aware of the problems.

I can not speak about Lugers as I do not collect those and know nothing about them. I often try to buy from Simpson but my success rate of getting something accomplished is extremely low.
    Author of FN Browning Pistols, FN Mauser Rifles, Holsters & Shoulder-Stocks of the World
    Co-author of Allied Rifle Contracts, Browning Auto-5 Shotguns
    Publisher of VIS Radom, The FN-49
    www.fnbrowning.com

I've found Simpson's to be scrupulously honest but they do make mistakes every once in a while.
    Norm

My sole experience with them was not to steller. Their idea of percent bluing is far different than mine. Returned the luger and got charged a stocking fee. Never again. Bill

I liked the Simpson LTD company, thirty years ago, relations with Bob Simpson were very good.
    Unfortunately, in addition to their prices a little high, I received a couple of years ago two Luger with small broken interior parts: I warned Simpson ... but I had no answer!
    I did not enjoy it!

Jol

I am perfectly happy with Simpson. This could be because I usually buy in person from them, being only 125 mi away.
    Pecunia Vincit Omnia

I have purchased from Simpson over the years, hade some issues with the product, they responded and made it right, so for me I have no complaints.
    Happy Hunting!
    Peter
    Ein Soldat
    Looking for K date Luger mag. the base needs to have the acceptance mark O-37 with #1088 with no Suffix number the mag. body on the spine needs to display the Haenle H
    Thanks for looking Pete

I haven't had any problems with them. Their prices are high end retail, but you can always make them an offer...Bill
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

They will deal on their guns, but consignment guns are as priced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast