Thread: Shot Gun

Default Shot Gun

I hope I have this in the right spot, if not I apologize. First time to post photos so any photographic advise will be welcomed. Run of the mill style 99 Arisaka that has been shot twice. I bought it 4 years ago from a Japanese only collector. He told that a young man brought it to a gun show to sell it and a few other items that had belonged to a relative who was in WWII. No other information. The S/N is 8380 and the name on the silk band that is sewn to the sling translates to Moritada Haru. That is all I know. Any info on the rifle, or critiques on the posting would be welcomed. Sorry for the title, could'nt help myself. Thanks Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by speed6; 04-20-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo

Neat rifle. Good luck on getting info..Bill
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

You should go over to the other site: http://forums.gunboards.com/ and scroll down to the Firearms of the Rising Sun section or you can click on the link:

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...The-Rising-Sun

It looks like a nice rifle. It appears to have the aircraft sights as well as the monopod. Many bring backs are missing these. Hopefully someone on that form can help you with the broken stock.

Martin

Hey thanks for the link, I will check that out for sure. The shot that hit the barrel directly caused a bulge in the bore, so it will never be a shooter. I wanted to find out where it was in service; but that may not be possible. From what I can find it was manufactured in 1941 or 1942. Hopefully there is information on the other forum that could help. I think I will leave it broken and try to find more history. Thanks again for your help. Rob