Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by lugerholsterrepair View Post
    Still..do you have a blacklight?
    I've got one Jerry but it'll take me some time to find it.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

Jerry,

Both pre- and postwar. The leather usually gives it away. I have both and the cotton (I believe) is identical without any nylon in it. I also have original Dutch arsenal blueprints for it (the FN Model 1922 variant).

Years ago i came across a cache of these, many prewar un-issued ones which I imported and sold. Charlie still has some for sale on his site at http://www.checkpointcharlies.com/ec...l-lanyard.html

I hope this helps.
    Anthony
    Author of FN Browning Pistols, FN Mauser Rifles, Holsters & Shoulder-Stocks of the World
    Co-author of Allied Rifle Contracts, Browning Auto-5 Shotguns
    Publisher of VIS Radom, The FN-49
    www.fnbrowning.com

Jerry, found the light...no glow.
    " 'To everything there is a season...a time for war and a time for peace'. and this is the time for war". Reverend Peter Muhlenberg, January 21, 1776, Woodstock, Virginia

HAH! Information flooding in! Thank both of you Gentlemen. As Anthony indicates..likely an early un mercerized cotton which would not glow. This is not a lanyard I remember seeing before..Learned something. Thanks for all your efforts.

More photos: I forgot that I had posted this here for sale. The blueprint does list "Katoen" (cotton) as the required material.

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthrea...=dutch+lanyard

Anthony
    Author of FN Browning Pistols, FN Mauser Rifles, Holsters & Shoulder-Stocks of the World
    Co-author of Allied Rifle Contracts, Browning Auto-5 Shotguns
    Publisher of VIS Radom, The FN-49
    www.fnbrowning.com

If it is for a Dutch Sauer, it would have to be for the Amsterdam police Sauers that have a lanyard ring. No other Dutch Sauers had lanyard rings that I am aware of.......Jim

George,

if your lanyard is for sale (since it's for a dutch police Sauer, thanks Jim !), I would like to buy it !

Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12