Thread: Kokura Nambu Type 14

Smile Kokura Nambu Type 14

This is the third and final Nambu Type 14 pistol I will import from the U.S. Import marking in Canada begins in June so I just had to get a small trigger guard example before that begins. As I have mentioned before Japanese pistols are fairly scarce in Canada. I purchased this one through Pre98, then arranged to import it.

It is a pure Kokura arsenal pistol - July 1935 dated example. It is in very nice condition. I debated buying this pistol for a short while though. It was the nice collectible condition small trigger guard that I wanted to import before June, but being a scarcer variant it was somewhat costly and with the current dollar exchange rate even more so for me! I wasn't really hunting for any scarcer variant, just wanted a nice collectible condition small trigger guard example before June. But, oh well it is here now, looks great and is my last to import!

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

It does look great! I have one of the small trigger guard type 14 also...Bill
    They say I have ADD, but I don't think they know...HEY! LOOK! A CHICKEN!!

Very nice 10 date rig. Congrats! I am ignorant of the import requirements to Canada but will do some research to better understand.

John

Very nice. I am not a Japanese pistol collector, but if I wanted to add one to my collection this is the type example I would be looking for. Really great condition.
    Ron
    If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

A beautiful rig. and since it's in Canada before June, it will remain a beautiful rig.

I can't understand what Canada hopes to gain by requiring import marks. All the Canadian govt had to do was look south to see what nonsense this requirement is.
    It doesn't do a darn thing here in the US since it began in the mid-'80s, except mark up otherwise nice guns.

Stupidity knows no boundaries.
    Ned

This is one of the best T14s that I have seen. Back a year or two ago, a New Hampshire auction house sold a mint T14 like this from Kennedy collection (I heard that Kennedy collected 2500 guns). Although T14 is not scrace, mint T14 like this one is hard to find.

Congratulations on acquiring this super nice Nambu.

The NATO firearm marking regulations which the previous Conservative government only delayed will all but kill the collectible importing for us here. Supposedly, their is supposed to be some exemption for "highly collectible/high value" firearms but it is totally vague and unknown who or how that determination might be made.

Hope that Trump might eliminate this stupidity for collectors in the land of the free.

Thanks for the comments in this one!

Mark