Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springtime in the Rockies!

Default Springtime in the Rockies!

We're used to late spring snow-falls up here at 7,500', but May 18th is late even for us. One and a half feet so far and another inch per hour through late tomorrow. And this isn't that light fluffy "Champagne powder" so beloved by skiers, this is the heavy saturated kind. Boy, am I glad I gave my wife that new snow shovel for her birthday last month!
    Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Norm,

Not too many years ago, I was in Yellowstone N.P. in July. We went to bed, July 1,st after a 70 degree day. When I got up about 6 A.M. there was a foot of snow on the ground. I roused out my family, threw my rig together and started without breakfast. We were the last truck they let in or out of the park for a week.
    Pat
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    San Francisco, CA, May 13, 1903
    By Theodore Roosevelt

Pat McNeil

That is a lot of snow. Be careful! Your wife may not use the birthday gift for its intended use.
    John

We will be in NW Wyoming soon for 4 days of rafting/national parking. We're hoping for mid-70s, can you deliver?
    Seeking a 1908 Bulgarian contract Luger magazine (early DWM P.08) with a C suffix. See the example at http://luger.gunboards.com/attachmen...3&d=1414271032 (on the right).

Also looking for a DWM commercial takedown lever #01 and sideplate #77. Have the following magazines for sale/trade - double-proofed (early) Erfurt #5634a, single-proofed Erfurt #4294d, DWM #3494+, blued fxo / E/37 #5709r, postwar Erma SS w/black plastic bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecoast View Post
    We will be in NW Wyoming soon for 4 days of rafting/national parking. We're hoping for mid-70s, can you deliver?
    Hi Mark,
    Once the sun comes out the temps should be right back up there again. The rafting should be exciting though, the rivers will be in full flood.
    Regards, Norm

When we lived in Castle rock we would have weather like that of course and I missed that 70 one day, then snow for three or four days and all melt off ...

I decided to park my car at the bottom of my 300' driveway, here's what it looked like this AM.
    Norm
    IMG_0078.jpg

I decided to park my car at the bottom of my 300' driveway, here's what it looked like this AM.
    Sounds like a good decision.
    Seeking a 1908 Bulgarian contract Luger magazine (early DWM P.08) with a C suffix. See the example at http://luger.gunboards.com/attachmen...3&d=1414271032 (on the right).

Also looking for a DWM commercial takedown lever #01 and sideplate #77. Have the following magazines for sale/trade - double-proofed (early) Erfurt #5634a, single-proofed Erfurt #4294d, DWM #3494+, blued fxo / E/37 #5709r, postwar Erma SS w/black plastic bottom.

Hi Norm, The car's roof top resembles N. Korea's Kim Jong-un's haircut! Did you trim it?

I have it on "good authority" that one of Norm's neighbors was out shoveling snow, too :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards, Pete...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast